I didn't know if I should ask him about it or not but I figured for the time being it wouldn't be a good idea because then he would know I went through his things. I closed the drawer and sat down on his bed, letting out a deep sigh just thinking about today. 

I mean, what if Hayes did hit me with that ball? He was only a few inches off, I bet if he didn't quit playing baseball he would have been dead on with his aim. I started picking at the skin around my nails, it was an anxious habit I guess. 

Some more time when by but eventually the door opened and Mouth came back into his room. He sat down next to me, "Sorry that took so long, my sister was being fussy" "Fussy? that's a word I never thought I'd hear you say" "Well what do you want me to say? She's like a year old, I can't say she's a pain in the ass or call her a bitch yet" I rolled my eyes, "Yet? really?" he just shrugged, "Just being honest Nat,"

"What did you do while I was gone?" he asked, "I read that book for class some more, then I got bored and the chair started to make my ass hurt so I put my school stuff away and sat down here" I lied, "Did the chair really make your ass hurt, or did you just want an excuse to get on my bed?" Mouth's tone was flirtatious, "You're real smooth Mouth, is this why you have a girlfriend? Oh wait..." he rolled his eyes at me, "Yeah, yeah, you can't say shit, it's not like you've got a boyfriend" "touche".

Mouth and I just talked for a while, not about anything in particular just about life. He explained to me how he met Joey and Book as well as how he started playing baseball, it was nice to see his softer side for the first time. 

It began getting late, "Mouth, as much as I want to stay, I gotta go home," I told him, "Okay, I'll walk you" I grabbed my things and we began walking towards my house. ''So is it only you and your dad?" he asked, "Yeah, my mom died when I was little, I honestly don't even remember her, I think I like it better that way" "Why?" "Well, if I remembered her it would hurt more knowing that I'll never see her again, but because I don't it's not as bad I guess," I said honestly. 

"Yeah, I could see that but I feel like it would bug me, you know? never knowing one of my parents. I mean my mom is the only one around because my dad left when I was 9, he's a real jackass but at least I knew him," Mouth explained to me, "I never got the chance to know my mom, so even if I wanted to I couldn't" the boy fell silent and looked down.

 "Hey, don't feel bad, I'm not trying to make you feel shitty" "I feel like kind of a dick now" "Well don't, okay?" he didn't say anything. I stopped which caused him to stop walking too, Mouth looked up at me in confusion, "I'm serious, don't feel bad, okay?" he gave me a half-smile, "Okay". 

We kept walked and soon arrived at my house. "I forgot to ask but are you like okay, you know from earlier?" I smiled at him, "Yeah, I'm okay" "Okay, just wanted to make sure, you know?" I nodded. 

"Goodnight Mouth," "Night Nat,"