When we arrived at my house, Book followed me inside. I led him into the kitchen where we set down our things, "I'm gonna go change, I'll be right back" I told him, "Okay" he sat down at the table while I went upstairs. 

I fell onto my bed, taking in the comfortable embrace of the mattress and blankets. I rolled over onto my back and looked down, reminding myself I was wearing Joey's sweater.  

I thought about it for a second then something clicked, Mouth was looking at me all weird today because I came into the library wearing this. Was he flirting with me just to make Joey angry?

Over the years I've learned that overthinking is a very useless skill that I happen to be quite good at, so I lay there for a moment and produced thought after thought. Not all of them were bad, but I can't say most of them were great.

I let out a deep sigh and sat up. I slid off the sweater before I changed out of my stained shirt into a red tank top and black sweatpants. I went back downstairs and saw that Book had already begun doing some of his school work. 

"Do you want a drink?" "Just a water," he said looking up from his notebook, I nodded. I grabbed two glasses and filled them with up, one for each of us, before sitting back down. Book and I sat there for a while just doing homework, he helped me get ahead with my portion of the book report. 

Around an hour and a half went by when there was a knock on my door, we just looked at each other, "Are you expecting company?" "I can't say I am" I made my way to the door and was greeted with a slightly sweaty Joey Finnly.