Sweet buzzkill

A rather loud noise rang in your ears as your eyes fluttered open. Pain instantly strikes your body; you haven't used it in a while. Besides tolerable ache, your arms felt like someone had done acupuncture with wasps. That stung a lot. You rubbed at the knot on your head when you remembered.

"Where's John?" You question out loud. You slowly reached over and pressed a panic button signaling the nurses. A lady with short curly brown hair stepped in. Realizing there wasn't a problem to be seen she asked you a few questions.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt?"

"No, I'm not okay. I just fucking saw my boyfriend die and I'm not sure if it was real or not," a tear streaked your cheek.
"I need to see John!" You shout eyeing the exit.
"There are no 'John's' inrolled in this hospital at the moment." She replied slowly, almost as if she was talking to a child with a knife.
"His number! Call him now!" You order her to do as you say.
"I don't have-"
"IT'S ON THE DAMN WHITE BOARD!" You bellow pointing at the foot of your bed.
"S-sorry." She looked quite offended, but you didn't care.
"Hello, John? Yes, he's awake. Uh huh. No, he would like to see you. Mhm yes sir. That'll be all." She ended the call and placed the phone on the table.
"Wait, why didn't you let me talk to him?" You ponder.
"Your not in the state of mind to do so." She replies almost instantly.
Bitch.

In the nick of time John stormed through the door and sat by your side. He's so loyal it makes you chuckle a little; you stop because a sharp pain jabs your side. You open your mouth to speak, but a peculiar noise came out instead. John just giggled that bubbly giggle that you missed so much. Truly, you're really soft. No one really knows... no one but John that is. Warm tears trickle down your cheeks cloaking your hospital gown. John looked up from holding your hand and he looked really confused.
"Dave... why are you crying?" He asked soothingly.
"I love you." You choke out from your, now hysterical, tears.
"AWWW dave! I love you too!" He smiled, now crying as well.
You slowly sat up and scooted over; patting the area on the bed next to you gesturing John to sit. He pulled himself out of the chair and sat next to you. Once you were both stable, you grabbed the back of his neck, leaning in and kissing him tenderly.
Just like that.
That bitch nurse comes in at the wrong time!
"Mr. Strider would you-"
She legitimately dropped her clipboard. John nervously giggled and shot upward, scooting away from you.
"I was having a moment... Would I what?" You asked, highly agitated.
"Oh yes!" She regained her state of mind.
"These are your release papers, they need to be signed." She inched close to you pushing the papers too close for comfort.
"Okay." You snatched them out of her hand and sloppily signed your initials in a red pen she had given you. You tossed it back at her and smirked.
"That's all right?"
"Yes-"
"OKAY! Well, I'd like to get back to," you motioned your hands in John's general area.
"This." You finish your sentence leaving the nurse disturbed.
She basically had TMI painted across her forehead at that moment.

Once she left the room John refused to do such things in a hospital where "Elderly people could be in the room next to us."
Buzzkill.
Sweet, sweet, buzzkill.