Key Strategies for Next Sales

In this chapter and we're going to discuss about key strategies for getting next client; your first client the key to getting your next two three or four clients is to work hard again I don't want to get a life coach young you but there is something about the universe rewarding hard work when you're working hard for your first client and fulfilling your side of the deal you're quickly going to get rewarded with more clients.

It just happens especially in this line of work where your clients are going to be so happy with you and they're going to drive referrals your way it's just a very referral friendly business. But that said you're not going to wait for the universe. So here are a few key activities to get going to get more clients.

You're going to network and this means you're going to first tell everyone you know about your business and the results you're already seeing with your first client. This means also that you're going to go to meetings you're going to network at meetings like Chamber of Commerce meetings and other city wide business networking meetings there's always mixers like a walnut creek mixer or Blue County mixer or Miami mix or whatever it is.

And there's always networking opportunities also there's more formal organizations like little hip and B and B as in boy and as in Nancy. I and these organizations you pay money to join but they are also designed to help each other the members of the organizations give each other referrals. So and often in the case of those networking organizations they're just there to network with their business and to drive new business their way. And when you show up and you say that you do online marketing everybody wants to discuss to you because they all know that this should be online and aren't doing it and you're there and you can do it.

The next thing you want to do is network with complimentary business owners and what this means is to meet with professionals that have a similar business where you don't eat into each other's business but have a complimentary business like Information Technology professionals for example or Public Relation agencies or any other business who might have clients. It could also become your client. You can become what they say as they call it power partners where you refer clients to each other.

Also you can network at coffee shops when you meet somebody at a networking meeting do a follow up with them. You can offer to meet with potential clients and then offer a free online marketing appraisal or whatever kind of service you think you can lead with as a giveaway and we're going to discuss about this a little bit more in an upcoming chapter.

But this will be important for you. Also you want to network at their own places of business. If you get a referral offer to stop by the prospect place of business to learn more about their company and how you can help them online. You can see literally how they do business physically right in front of your eyes. And then you can get a good idea of how you can represent that online for them.

Also you run a network online you want to network with your own online marketing and this includes you're doing your own SBO your own social media marketing your own content marketing and more. Also you want to network via email go through your email contact list and reach out and you could offer a quick service or you could do something for free just to get your foot in the door. And finally you want to network via phone even these days in the 21st century. Don't be afraid to pick up the phone. It's still as far as I know. One of the best sales tools that you have for making money.

I hope it's obvious now that you need to network. It makes a big difference especially in this industry. You have to understand that in this industry business owners are. I've said this but they're inundated with e-mails and phone calls every single day. So when you network and you're meeting with somebody face to face it gives them a personal touch and we all know that we do business with people we know like and trust.

And so having that personal touch makes a world of difference. Recently I was speaking to somebody about using software he was asking hey is there just a way that we can get software to drive leads for us. So the software is super-duper great software that automatically email 100 people in your desired industry every single day and you can just watch the leads flow in my personal opinion is that no anything that's automated anything that sound made to sound easy often isn't going to be as effective.

I know that meeting with people networking and face to face it seems aggravatingly slow like a slow process but you only have to do it just a little bit to kick start the machine and once that machine is going it's going it you will be getting new clients you will be keeping them happy and they in turn will be feeding you referrals.

In fact I still get new business personally in my business I still get new referrals from all of the face to face networking that I did at the very beginning. And so it works it really works and it makes a world of difference in in business owner's minds knowing that you're not just some random company who is in India or that you're a real person that you have a real staff with a real team that's doing real work for you.

So I hope again it's obvious that you have to network everything that you want clients and income is out there and it's found in the form of other people. So open your mouth get busy discussing to people push hard and make it happen. And here's another key concept that I want you to think about under promise and over deliver. It's been said a million times in the business world but it's for a reason. So once you have your next few clients work hard to deliver the same kind of service that you did with your first client.

When you're speaking with them under-promise what you can do. And then over deliver wow them when you deliver that first month's report you can show them Hey, this is everything that we said we would do. And by the way here's a few extra things that we did because it's good for you and it's good for us. So when possible add extra services and then do that with every single one of your clients.

By doing this you're going to go above and beyond. And then you will start to see the referrals flowing. First of all you're going to build client loyalty they're going to want to stay with you. And second of all they're going to want to share you with others. They know that they have other business owner friends who are also looking to get that one good online marketing company and this is a great way to do it.

The important key takeaway here is to network get out there open your mouth and speak with everybody you can and it won't be too long before you have a steady stream of new referrals coming in.