Chapter 11 - October 30, 2031

Ivalin woke up alone. She stretched, and although her nose was stuffed and her head ached, her wounds had already healed to the best of their abilities. Her body was gently sore, and a couple of her deeper wounds lightly hurt, but it didn't take that much effort to stand up.

She staggered out of the alleyway, glass cracking under her feet, the stars watching. She wandered endlessly down empty streets, lights blurring together, her feet ached, the colours of flashy signs and fancy coats dull. Part of her wondered if this was the afterlife. If she was just another lost soul that didn't make it out of the fight. A ghost that could never make it home.

The lights burned her eyes, and chills racked her body. Someone slammed into her, and she let herself get pushed back into the shuffle.

"Ivalin?" Ivalin shifted back into focus, trying to think clearly. All her training had never prepared her for this. All the pain they inflicted, all the horror she had once felt seemed so insignificant. Warm hands grabbed her shoulders. "Boo, you're freezing. What are you doing out here?"

A jacket was placed over her shoulders, her hands were shoved into gloves. Something in Ivalin's mind told her to check who was taking her, but Ivalin followed her, simply not caring. Her mind was dazed, but her eyes caught onto the braided hair, the manicured nails. "Lyia?"

Lyia glanced back, before helping Ivalin into a car. "Honey, did you just now notice that? Come on, babe."

Ivalin made some noise in the back of her throat that died softly. Tears welled up in her eyes again, and she forced them down. Hot air blasted, and the music was soft. Lyia tapped the steering wheel, glancing at Ivalin from time to time.

"You can ask." Ivalin found herself surprised at how rough she sounded. She grimaced, and stared at her fingers wishing she could just not exist.

Lyia sighed, and she put her blinker on. The leather seat stuck to Ivalin's exposed legs "Are you okay?" A broken laugh tumbled out of Ivalin, and she started to cry again. Lyia gulped and nodded. "I'll take that as a no." She glanced at her mirrors. "Let's get you warmed up, and inside. Do you have anyone you need to call?"

Ivalin nodded. "Jaizya."

"Your sibling?"

Ivalin nodded again, and Lyia pulled into a gleaming mansion with a fountain that half-heartedly spurt water in the front.

It loomed over Ivalin, and when Lyia opened the door, Ivalin jumped in her seat. She stumbled out of the car. Lyia reached out to steady her, and Ivalin jerked back. Shrugging, Lyia rolled her eyes, and walked off, opening the front door with a key she pulled out of nowhere. Ivalin trailed after her, staring at the unique details carved within the arch, and the columns.

"Welcome to my house. My parents are out, Mr. Ivory is the butler. He's the best. Questions?"

Ivalin shook her head, and followed her down the twisting hallways, her eyes tracking the statues and sculptures that littered them.

"Call your sister." Ivalin looked down, and she very carefully picked up the phone. With shaking fingers she flipped the phone open, and dialed Jaizya's number.

The phone rang and rang, and Lyia led Ivalin to an open room with hand painted figures on the wall. A canvas stood in front of the far wall which was made up of giant windows that showed the city.

"Hello? May I ask how you got this number?" Jaizya's voice clicked onto the speaker, it was cold and harsh, but something in Ivalin's chest melted.

"Jaizya?" Ivalin's voice broke, and she started to tremble again.

Lyia shot her a worried look, and led her to the large bed.

"Ivalin?" Worry laced Jaizya's voice. "Honey, where are you?"