Chapter 4

"Senpai, you're here." Sana waves at Nayeon, her smile growing as she walked towards her.

Jeongyeon scratches her head. Cupid 28's earth name is Im Nayeon. Why is this human calling her something else?

"She's from Japan. They use Senpai as a polite term to address seniors." Nayeon tells like she understands her confusion.

"Where's this mystical place of Japan?" Jeongyeon frowns.

"We'll ask the magic dove when we get back to the dorm. Now just smile and wave." Nayeon orders.

"You came." Sana hugs Nayeon, and gives her a once over as she pulls back. "And you're wearing t-shirt and joggings."

"Me too." Jeongyeon grins proudly.

Sana chuckles, turning to her side looking at the taller girl. "Is this your friend?"

"Yes," Jeongyeon answers for Nayeon, "And I've invited my friends to this party to which nobody gets invited to."

Sana shakes her head amused. "This is Tzuyu, my best friend." She introduces a tall girl standing quietly besides her, "She's very friendly."

Tzuyu looks at her straight in the eye, lips pressed into a thin line, eyes void of any emotions.

Nayeon wonders as she gulps thickly which part of her blank stare is supposed to be very friendly.

Nayeon throws back the thick red liquid that's been shoved into her hands.

"This is delicious Sana." She cleans her lip with a quick tongue, "What is this miracle potion called?"

"Jagermeister." Sana throws her head back and laughs, "Do you want another one?"

"Sure." Nayeon flashes her a bright smile, making Sana giggle and shuffle the hair on the Cupid's head playfully.

"I'll be right back with the drinks." Sana reassures before leaving Nayeon alone with Tzuyu.

The Cupid clears her throat and attempts to make small talk. "You're a very tall human."

Tzuyu's blank staring intensifies.

"Jihyo, Chaeyoung and Dahyun are here." Jeongyeon pulls Nayeon close to her, wondering why Cupid 28 is slightly swaying on her feet.

"Okay," Nayeon shakes her head to clear the buzz running through it. "It's time to put our plan into motion."

"Are you sure you can do this now?" Jeongyeon questions.

"Of course, I'm Cupid 28-" Nayeon's eyes widen as something bubbles up her throat. "And there's a funny feeling in my stomach."

Nayeon sniffs looking at the bright white orb in front of her.

"Oh Higher One, I'm beyond honoured you've decided to visit me on planet earth." She wraps her arms around the Higher One, the funny feeling in her stomach returning rapidly again.

Jeongyeon lets out a sigh. "That's a human toilet you're hugging Cupid 28."

Nayeon glares at her. "How dare you disrespect the Higher One, Assistant Cupid 101?"

And then proceeds to throw up all over the Higher One.

"This is my sister's room." Sana holds Nayeon tighter as she opens a door, "It's better if Nayeon-san sleeps the alcohol off."

"Won't she bother your sister?" Jeongyeon groans when Nayeon slumps to her side.

"Oh, she's a nerd," Sana dismisses her concern with a wave of her hand, "She's preparing for some test with her friend. Won't be here until morning."