Chapter 33

Y/N pouted " , my frog looks hideous ! " " It's fine . "

" It's deformed ! " " It's fine , " Edmund repeated .

" Shut up ! What do you know ? " " That it's icing and we're going to eat it regardless of how it looks . "

Oh you hated it when he was logical . It spoiled the fun of being over dramatic . Ed kissed your temple and grabbed the cake of the counter . He had the picnic blanket tucked under his arm . He gestured for you to grab the rest of the sandwiches and fruit .

You set up the picnic spot next to the " , hey , is this pond or a lake ? " You asked genuinely curious , dusting cake crumbs off yourself . Ed tilted his head staring at the body of water . " , well , its too big to be a pond but the real difference between the two is the depth . plunging your hands into the cool water you casually remarked " , it doesn't seem too deep . " The air around you seemed to blaze brighter all a sudden . Edmund joined you at the edge. He started rolling up his trousers and started walking in to test the depth .

" It's not that deep , " he yelled back as he ventured toward the centre . FOMO kicked in , not that there was much to miss out on . You found yourself stepping into the water swimming toward him . The liquid surrounding you felt wonderfully cool . You realised how long it had been since you felt the odd sensation of being completely surrounded by water . It must've been three or four years ago during your last family trip to the beach . Those memories seemed so distant now .

you promised to convince your parents to go back to that little saltbox inn on the coast . You'd buy those ice cream cones with the little gum ball at the bottom and share with your sister . Was that day the last time you were happy together ? You'd have to fix that .

" It's practically a pond , " Ed yelled , the water reached just below his ribs " , it's not that deep . " And to him it wasn't but you had to swim to keep your toes off the slippery , unstable bed of sand beneath you . To make matters worse your dress had puffed up all around you . A sight that made Edmund snort once you reached him . You pouted , finally standing on the ground to check the depth . The water was a little below your shoulders .

Ed was still snickering to himself . This time at the way you tried to weigh your dress down , eventually giving up . " Don't laugh at my pain , " you wanted to say but found yourself falling back . A current off set your balance . Instinct kicked in . Edmund's hand darted around your waist . His hand on your bare skin hugging you closer to him.

Getting lost in his eyes you could've sworn the OST from My Love From Another Star started playing . You were always told beauty is in the eye of the beholder but this man before you was beyond gorgeous . The curve of his lips and how his hair fell perfectly into place like dominos . His sparkling eyes , the way he genuinely saw at you , all you . Not only the weird fangirl but everything else too . there was no hint of anxiety , no hesitation when you it for real this time " , I love you . "

Edmund smiled . Tilting his head he asked " did you trip or did you literally fall for me ? " The chorus of ' you are my destiny ' became replaced with the gentle rustling of trees and birds singing . You snapped back to reality . You rolled your eyes . Pushing your arms against his chest both to regain balance and make Ed lose his . " HEY ! "

you swam away as he splashed about trying to catch up . "HEY ! Y/N ! WAIT UP ! " He threw back his head laughing as he caught up with you on land . " Hey , Y/N , " he followed you into the cottage , getting hit in the face by a towel as he stepped over the threshold . " Y/N , " You turned on your heels , half pouting , half trying not to laugh . " No , go away . I take it back . "

The audacity of this boy to respond with a pun . How dare he . Pettiness turned to shock when his figure wrapped around you . Back hugs , the epitome of softness . He reached down to hold your hands in his . With a kiss on the top of your head " , I love you , " he breathed . You pulled him closer . He rests his chin on your shoulder . " I love you , too . "

You turned your head to kiss his cheek but sly as he is Edmund turned his head at the last second to have your lips crash on his and . . . After changing into some dry clothes you headed back to the picnic spot .