Chapter 16

You were admiring a long sword with a rose detail on the handle when someone tapped your shoulder . You were so lost in admiration and the sudden contact made you jump .

" sorry , I couldn't resist " A familiar boy said . You relaxed a bit and opened your mouth to greet him .

" what are you doing here ?" Caspian asked , venom dripping from each word .

" Looking for a new sword , could I help you pick one out , {Y/N} ? " Edmund asked .

You were about to agree when Caspian started whining " you got her yesterday , Edmund . It's my turn . I'm going to help her pick a sword . I'm going to teach her the basics . And we're going to duel " He was in clingy , big brother mode .

You nodded and looked at Edmund " he's got a point ."

Ed tapped his chin " I got a picnic , you got to go shopping , Peter should duel her . "

Caspian's eyes grew ten times their normal size " he'd demolish her "

"Hey !" You protested " I do have some experience in sword fighting "

They ignored you and negotiated amongst themselves . Once it was clear they weren't going to listen to anything you had to say you wondered around the shop . Your attention turned toa sword with a sea shell and mermaid on the handle . " well , it's all up to {Y/N} " they turned to you .

Caspian looked as though he wanted you to back out . But Edmund seemed to challenge you . His eyes were almost daring you to say you couldn't take on his brother . You couldn't have that . You didn't want him to win .

" what do you say , {Y/N} , will you duel Peter ? " Edmund asked .

You thought about it , you wanted to get the most out of your time here in Narnia , aslan knows how long you have here . And would it be that bad ?

" I'm in ."

Edmund smirked , he was looking forward to this . " You two should get back to shopping . I'll set up the duel with Peter." Edmund started walking backwards to the door . He waved at you before leaving  , " may the odds be ever in your favor . "