first impressions

Peso pov

Today was the day I'm going to become on octonaut, I've been dreaming of the day since starting medical school. Though I am worried about some things, for example my mom would miss me, and I would miss her, along with the other billions of relatives I have.

I stood outside with the sea in front, and my home and relatives behind me. I looked at them and said "I'm going to miss you all so much." I said with sadness "were all going to miss you too peso, but before you go make sure you brush your teeth, eat healthy, takes showers often-" my mom said before I inturrupted " I know mom, don't worry I'm gonna be fine. I love you mom" my mother looked at me with sad but happy on the inside eyes, then took my hands in her own and said "I know, be careful  that's all I ask, I'm so proud of you. My chick is growing up so fast, I love you too peso."

"I love you too mom." I looked at the rest of my relatives. "Goodbye everyone!" I shouted and smiled at everyone as they all said together "goodbye peso we will all miss you!"

And with that, I left swimming in the ocean, then a mile after swimming I saw an orange ship that reminded me of a giant Pacific octopus. I swam up starting to worry and I held my backpack tighter, and felt my heart beat faster In slight fear. I steadily swam towards the door and knocked, but nothing happened, so I went to know again but then the door opened with a flash. I was startled by the swift movements and took a few steps back, then a large figure that looked like a polar bear stood, looked and smiled at me. "I'm  barnacles the captain of the octonauts. Sorry if I startled you." he ended with a slight chuckle. "I-is this the o-octopod sir?" I said in worry hoping I didn't embarrass myself. "Yes don't worry though we expect everything should go according to plan, your our new medic am I right?" He said "yes I am." He continued " flats very good now if you'll follow me then I will introduce you to the rest of the crew who are waiting for you in the launch bay, and then shouw you to your room where you can get your stuff sorted." He examined with a cheerful tone in hopes to lighten up the conversation since I didn't speak much.

Barnacles pov

Peso seemed like a polite person, he was also quite shy and timid. I hoped that the crew can make a good first impression and be friendly with peso, more so with tweak because she was a bit rough around the edges but she was nice and really helpful once you get to know her. "Here are the other octonauts peso, that's kwazii the lutenant and my right hand man he can help you with getting used to your surroundings and help you with going in and out of the octochutes. That's dashi our computer expert and photographer she can help you order medical supplies. Over there is Shellington our scientist and marine biologist he can help with identifying the sea creatures that you help just incase their dangerous. That's tweak our mechanic, she build the octopod and all our gups, she'll teach you how so operate the gups. And that's professor inkling he is the one that approved your application so you can ask him more about the job." I explained and added why everyone could be helpful so peso could be more open to everyone knowing that their good."everyone this is our newest member and medic, peso." I said as everyone looked at him smiling, except for tweak who wa eyeing him suspiciously. Like I said she was a bit rough around the edges, so it would take a while for her to warm up to peso and get used to him.

Peso pov

I immediately looked over at professor inkling and walked over to him with a big smile "Hello professor inkling, thank you very much for approving my application I would have never made it here without you, thank you so much!" I exclaimed with a beaming smile on my face as he replied "well it was my absolute pleasure my dear boy, welcome aboard the octopod."

Kwazii pov

I watched the new guy and said "cmon matey let me show ye around the octopod." "oh o-ok sir." He said and I looked at him with confusion "cmon stop with all the fancy formality, just call me kwazii." I said and put my hand up for a high five. He looked at me but then gave me a high five back."y-yes kwazii, b-but how do I use the octochute exactly?" I looked at him knowing he was the shy formal polite type of person. But I paused for less than 5 seconds to think of an answer to his question "well you just gotta jump in making sure your going on your back, feet first try to remember that. Then once you see the other end steady your feet ready to make a stance. But don't worry since this is your first time I'll go first and incase you fall i'll catch you. See you on the other side!" I exclaimed and did a front flip going down the octochute with my classic "YEEOW!!" And waited for peso on the other side, just outside his room.

Peso pov

I looked at kwazii as he jumped town the octochute and looked down it, seeing how dark and long it was. I'm scared of the dark. I made a worried expression then dashi, if I remembered her name correctly which I think I did, came up to me and put a hand on my shoulder looking at me and smiling and saying "it's ok peso there's nothing to be worried about you just gotta just down, and don't worry kwazii said he'll catch you on the other end" I looked at her and took a deep breath looking down again before hearing tweak say "oh come on, there's nothing to be scared about it's just the octochute just jump down it." She said with a bit of an annoyed tone in her voice. I looked at her feeling upset I had disappointed someone already in less than 10 minutes before shelington replied "don't be a bit fussy tweak it's his first time going down, I was a bit scared when going down the octochute when I first came here." He said with a bit of a stern voice. I looked at him and took another deap breath in, I gathered all my courage up remembering what kwazii's tips were and jumped down but since it was dark in there I closed my eyes tight in fear and braced for impact when I came out the other end. When I felt I had left the octochute I hugged my backpack and expected to feel a hard floor when I felt 2 paws grab me. I opened by eyes and saw kwazii had caught me, just like he said, and he pit me down and said. "See matey don't worry I said I would catch you when you come out the other end!" I started to calm down  andhe guided me to my room while also pointing out other rooms on the way like the library, sick bay where I would be working, bathroom, the way to the main area(sorry I forgot what it's called, I have fish memory(no pun intended sorry)) and how the octo alert button works. Finally we got to my room and he opened the door an looked around. It was a decent sized room with a row of drawers and woredrobe and bed with bedside table provided which I was grateful for. "I'm gonna leave you to settle things out and the vegimals will come and call you for dinner at 6 o clock." Kwazii said. I pondered my mind in what the vegimals are and asked "what are the vegimals?" Kwazii simply answered "there cute lil fellas who help around the octopod with gardening and cooking, Shillington found them so if you wanna know more about them ask him" He left and I took out my photos of my relatives and hung them on the wall, sorted out my clothes in the woredrobe, made my bed and put my fish plushie I had received as a chick when I was very young, I had but it on my bed in the centre, I kept it and brought it with me because it would be nice to have a price of home with me.

I looked around my room and out the window admiring the sight, sitting down on my bed and started thing.

'I can't believe it, I'm actually an octonaut... I think I'm gonna like it here'
I smiled and continued to look out the window, staring at the view

Authors note
Boom I did it! I finally managed to write an octonauts fanfiction, I'm going to keep posting when I can and I take requests (I don't do smut and I won't do angst, sorry I don't wanna see anyone suffer and I also won't do shipping sorry) I'm also pretty sure that you can tell my favorite character is peso, by just looking at the title. I wanna thank JustOneToughCookie and Uniquedoll602 because their octonauts fanfiction has inspired me to do my own(so go follow them). Im also not gonna make these stories really long in gonna keep them between 1000 and 2000 because this is already 1643 words long.
I hoped you enjoyed this and that I started from the beginning of peso being an octonaut! See you in the next story!