driving lesson

Authors note
I had an accident in my PE class in school and I now have 2 of my fingers bandaged so sorry if this chapter came out later than my usual upload schedule. Also sorry for the spelling mistakes, I use both hands to type.

Peso pov

Now that I'm not worried about my family at the moment, I can now go and try driving a gup for the first time. I'm still nervous though, lots of things can go wrong. I could crash or get stuck in a current. I was then brought out of my thoughts by hearing the octochute open, It was tweak. I looked at her and smiled, she looked at me and looked back infront of her, no sign of emotions on her face. I then looked down at my feet, feeling I had disappointed someone. I then felt the captain put a hand on my shoulder, looking at me with a reassuring smile and then turned to tweak. "Excuse me tweak could we takl for a second before the driving lesson?"

Barnacles pov

I asked to speak with tweak privately, trying to understand what exactly was her problem with peso. "Sure thing cap, over here." She replied and then closed the door behind her. "So what did you want to talk about?" She questioned. "Well I've noticed something wrong with you and it directs somewhere to peso, why are you holding a grudge against him?" Hoping to get some answers. "I just don't get why some kid is our medic, he's like what, 13? And even though he is our medic and can do his job, I just don't trust someone so inexperienced and childish on the octopod." She said stern and honestly. I was taken back by that and didn't know that that's how she thought of peso. "That's not entirely true, peso is very capable of doing his job. I don't know how he managed to become a medic at such a young age he's proven to be capable, even if he might act a little bit childish." I said and she looked a bit guilty. Already judging peso before she even got to really know him. "Don't worry tweak hopefully this driving lesson will help you get along with him, ok?" I explained hoping the experience would help them get used to each others company.

Peso pov

I know I shouldn't be doing this but, I kinda went to the door where the captain and tweak were and started eavesdropping. My mom told me to never do this but I had to, whatever they were complaining about me, I would correct and then I won't be in trouble. I start to listen in and then hear tweak say. "I don't get why some kid is our medic, he's like what, 13? And even though he is our medic and can do his job, I just don't trust someone so inexperienced and childish on the octopod." I then stepped away from the door and ran back to the launch bay, I went behind the barrels and crawled up into a ball, I put my head on my shoulders and stay quiet until I hear the captain and tweak come and stay still. "Peso where are you?" I hear the captain say, I then look up from where I was and he looked over at me. "Peso what are you doing hiding behind the barrels, ate you ok?" He asked in a gentle voice and I came out of hiding. "I'm just scared and afraid I could crash, or make tweak upset I broke the gup." I said then looked down and then heard tweak spoke up. "Listen if you do crash I can fix it, but it's gonna take some time to do that, but in the mean time your going to be taught how to drive a gup by the person who built it." I then looked up feeling confused if that was supposed to make me feel better.

I got in the gup and waved the captain goodbye. I was then instructed on how to operate it. "First you wanna start it up by pressing the engine button, that button over there nearest to the wheel on your left." I then pressed it and heard the gup start up. "OK, now we're going to leave the octopod through the octochatch, so to do that you need to push the wheel away from you to head downwards, from there you need to keep it at a steady position until we leave the octocatch." I then did as I was told and pushed the wheel, I then felt a wave of fear as we plummeted into the water. I was focued on steering the gup out the octohatch. I did steer it out in the end, but it was a bit of a bumpy ride since my hands were a bit shakey. "Good, now we're just gonna do some rounds by the octopod so circle it 2 times." I then turned the steering wheel to the right and kept if there almost skidding by the sheer force of it, but I managed to circle the octopod 2 times, which I was grateful for. "Alright now were gonna just take it for a drive round this coral reef." I then headed in the direction of the reef and just drove when I saw something coming towards us. It was big. It was bigger than any whale of shark he had seen before in his entire life. IT WAS A WHALE SHARK! I froze and my eyes were wide with fear. I'm pretty sure I was close to fainting right then and there before tweak took the wheel from my hands and dodged the whale shark just in time. I was so scared that I didn't really realise it but I was crying with fear. Tears rolling down my cheek. The gup then came to a stop and tweak spoke. "Hey peso are you ok? There's nothing to worry about the whale shark isn't here anymore, it's gone." She then put an arm around me and rubbed my back to help calm me down.

Tweak pov

I'm not usually the kind of person to show caring or comfort but I guess peso was just really startled because ehe hadn't heard or seen a whale shark before. "Sorry you got scared by that whale shark. Do you wanna head back to the octopod?" I asked trying to think of what the cap said earlier about me being nicer towards peso. "Tweak, do you think I'm childish and inexperienced?" Peso asked, I was shocked he knew that but questioned him anyway. "How did you know that?" He looked down and continued crying. "I was eavesdropping on your conversation, I'm so so sorry I shkpouldnt have done it. I just wanted to know why you weren't OK with me being an octonaut to I could change and then you would be OK with it, but now I see I'm like you said and didn't change. How I'm shildish and inexperienced and not very trustworthy. I'm so sorry tweak, I didn't mean to." After what peso just said, I felt so sorry for him. I didn't know he though of the situation like that, I guess I am a bit quick to judge. "I'm sorry aswell peso. I didn't know you thought like that, I'm sorry I made you feel that way." I appogised and he looked up at me and I smiled. "Do you wanna know something else. Its something good this time." I asked exited to tell him the news.

Peso pov

I didn't know what she was about to tell me. She said it was good so all did was nod. "Congrats peso, you passed the driving test!" I then looked up at her surprised and incredibly confused. "Wait what, I did!?" I was questioning a lot of things at that moment. "Well yeah, you did everything you were told to. And even though it was your first time driving, you did actually pass the test."Tweak said. I was super happy I had passed the driving test, and also made friends with tweak. I then took the wheel and confidently started to drive back to the octopod where me and tweak were met with the captain intne launch bay. "Hello there you two, how was the driving lesson?" He asked. "Everythjng was alright cap, peso passed the test and even got so see his first whale shark." Tweak exclaimed and I spoke up. "I didn't know a whale shark was that big in reality I had only seen descriptions in medical biology books." "Well thats all well and good, now it's time efor dinner then everyone can finish shattered there doing and then we can all head to bed.

With that we all had dinner, I went to go and restock my bandages with the help of dashi and then went to my room. I looked over at my calander and realised it was going to be November 1st tomorrow. I know what your thinking, 'peso what about Halloween?' Well my family never really celebrated Halloween. Since we were Mexican we celebrate dia de los muertos.
And tomorrow I was going to spend it alone on the octopod. I guess at breakfast I could explain to everyone about dia de los muertos or 'day of the dead'. I then got up and took out a box that contained my mariachi costume. Me and my family would always dress up for that holiday, Im just glad I brought it with me. I then looked at the time. 10:10. I should be heading to bed.

Tomorrow I would tell the crew about this holiday and maybe we could celebrate it. I did have pictures of all my relatives, even the ones that are dead so I can use those. It might be a bit person asking if anyone had any dead relatives, but after I explain why we put up the pictures of our dead relatives it would all make sense.
I then closed my eyes a d drifted off to sleep, exited for tomorrow and the traditions we do.

Authors note
Hello I'm so so sorry I wasn't up to my usual update schedule.
Like I said at the beginning I have 2 of my fingers bandaged from a pe lesson accident. I've also been kinda pulled with ho ework and projects so sorry for any delays
Like I always say please feel free to leave requests but I will not do any smut angst or shipping so sorry.
I hoped you enjoyed this chapter see you in the next!