childish things

Authors note
This was a request from Uniquedoll602
Sorry I didn't know what to name the title
Uniquedoll602 I hope you liked this

Peso pov

It was another day in the octopod, but without any octoalerts. So everyone was just catching up on their hobbies. I didn't have any patients to take care of so I had free time.

I just decided to go up to my room and play with some of my toys in the closet. I know playing with toys is kind of childish but I'm 15, im not that old.

I just took put a colouring book and pencil and decided it would be better with company so I went to the hq and set my things down on the table and started colouring.

"Hi peso, what are you colouring?" I heard the captain ask. I looked up and answered. "Oh it's just some patterns and landscapes." I explained, fairly straight forward.

We both heard the octochute open and saw tweak come out. The captain left and went back to working on the computers, while I just stayed and continued colouring.

I then heard tweak come up behind me, I didn't look at her and just continued colouring and minding my own business. Until I heard her speak.

"Why do you still play with a colouring book? your 15, or would you rather be 10 years old." She said. I looked down at my book and closed it and started putting the pencils back in the pencil case, suddenly I heard the captain speak.

"Tweak, what's wrong with a colouring book. He's happy playing with it, why don't you leave him be." He said, that made me happier that he was sticking up for me, but tweak still wasn't very nice.

"Alright fine chill, I was just giving my opinion." She said and then left. Since I didn't want to be offended by the other octonaurs I just went to the medbay.

Nobody would be there to judge me, and it has nice company. The sound of silence and no judgment. I just went down there and closed the door and continued colouring.

I started I think, maybe she's right. I am 15 already, why am I playing with toys I'm not 10 years old. I then felt really hurt on the inside and shed a single tear.

I then closed the colouring book and ripped it in half and threw it I the bin, that way nobody could judge me and say I'm too old to doing these things and nobody would call me a baby.

I then went to a shelf on the library and grabbed a book without pictures. Because a lot of people say that picture books are for babies. I am not a baby, I'm just childish. But I won't be childish anymore.

After about 30 minutes of reading I got bored, picture books or at least some pictures kept me entertained while reading. Maybe if I went up to my room and try to solve my rubus cube, I'd be more occupied and less bored.

After finding my rubix cube in the back, of my closet, I found some other toys I remember playing with pinto and my cousins together. We would make up the funniest and most fantasy filled adventures ever.

After trying to solve my tubix cube and gave up after 5 minutes I decided that it would be best to just do what everyone else is doing rather than looking for a childish toy to play with.

I then found a 200 piece jigsaw puzzle and brought it to the med bay where there was a big enough table to solve either on.

Making my way don't the octochute with the jigsaw box in hand. I saw the captain walking down the corridor with a cup of hot chocolate in one hand and checking his octocompas in the other.