𝐒𝐈𝐗.

˖*°࿐ •*⁀➷
006. FACE IT
REAL LIFE

aria, kouvr, and mia had just escaped the paparazzi and made their way inside a store, looking through the racks of clothes.

"wait, kouvr, i want that shirt if you don't!" aria yelled from across the store, making kouvr laugh. "i do want it, but maybe you can borrow it one day!"

aria sighed in mock expaseration, but grinned back, nodding. "good plan. i'll just borrow it forever."

"i'm going to the fitting rooms, come with?" mia asked, and the two other girls nodded, making their way to the back of the store.

•*⁀➷

three stores later, the three girls walked out onto the sidewalk with their hands filled with bags, taking pictures with their fans and politely answering questions from the paps.

"aria, how do you like being in the hype house?" fletcher asked, his camera zooming into aria's face.

"it's great, fletch!" aria smiled, "and it's nice to be living with the girls now because i always spend so much time with them."

"that's good, that's good, kouvr, how have you and alex been? the fans really love you together."

"we're great," kouvr smiled, adjusting the bags in her hands as she grabbed her car keys from her pocket. "alex is amazing like always."

she opened the trunk of the tesla and the girls put their bags in as fletcher asked aria another question, but aria wasn't listening.

her eyes were fixed on a boy with floppy black hair across the street, who was leaning against his car, a smirk on his face as he locked eyes with her.

aria couldn't move, and she stood frozen next to mia, her chest rising up and down as she tried to breathe.

"aria?" mia called out, tapping the girl's shoulder, confused at why the younger girl was completely ignoring the paparazzi, who had already moved on another gaggle of influencers a few stores away from them. "ri? what's wr-"

mia stopped mid sentence as she looked at where aria staring,  her eyes widening as she saw none other than jackson porter, aria's ex boyfriend waving at the two of them as he got into his car, speeding down the road and out of sight.

aria let out a huge breath as the car disappeared, finally able to move. she quickly got into the car, shaking her head as she ignored mia and kouvr's concerned looks. "i'm fine," she mumbled quietly, buckling up in the back seat as kouvr started the car. "it's fine. he's gone. let's go home, please?"

•*⁀➷

"it was so weird," mia spoke in a hushed whisper to kouvr, thomas and alex, the four of them sitting at the dining table in hype. "she completely froze, and i know they had a really messy break up, but she looked like she was scared of him. like, absolutely terrified. and i'm not sure what i should do-"

"what are we gossiping about?" vinnie said as he walked past the two couples, grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge and sitting down across from kouvr, who shook her head. "oh, sorry, did i interrupt something?"

"are you and aria, uh, friends, now?" thomas asked vinnie, who tensed up at the question.

"no, not, uh, not really," vinnie said quickly, crossing his arms as he leaned back in his seat. "why? what happened?"