Chapter-3

Heyy guyss! So I am trying something new. For some reason I felt that this book would be better if it was written from a third POV. So unlike the previous chapters, this chapter is written from a 3rd POV. I really want your opinion on this change. I will be editing the previous chapters soon so that I can make them into the 3rd POV too. Let me know how you liked the chapter.

Happy reading ♥️

____________________________

Holding her books close, keeping her gaze low, Daisy strode towards the bleachers of the school courtyard. It was one of Jayden's soccer matches which Daisy never missed to attend. Jayden would go on and on about how his father taught him everything about the sport ever since he was a child. It seemed like Mr Jackson was quite a soccer player himself during his days.

Dusting the seat at the corner end, Daisy takes a timid glance at the field before settling down. She brushes the annoying strands of hair from her face before securing them in a loose ponytail. She journeyed her thoughts back to the day when Jayden complimented how gorgeous she looked with her hair left open. It was roughly 3 years ago on her birthday and she wanted to feel pretty. By feeling pretty, it meant garnering compliments from her best friend. So she wore the prettiest dress she owned and left her waist length hair open. Owning long, thick mane wasn't easy, let alone leaving it open. But it was all worth it when the guy of your dreams picks out that one detail you've been working on. Ever since that day, she'd always left her hair open.

However, the heat wasn't making things any easier for the little girl and she had no choice but to tame and tie her mane. She fans a slender hand over her face for some sort of respite. Being sensitive to heat had started to take a toll on Daisy as she couldn't stay seated right below the scorching sun. Unscrewing the bottle cap, she cups her hand to pour some water and gently pats it on her chubby cheeks and forehead. By now, she wasn't looking any less of a tomato.

"Omg, there's Jayden!" One of the girls in the front seat of the bleachers cheers the lad as soon as he gets to the field.

He shields his eyes from the sun whilst nodding to the coach's directions. He wasn't doing anything much, just standing there and listening to the coach all the while battling with the heat. His tanned face was red with heat and glistening with sweat. He was panting softly, his pants occasionally interrupted by his retorts to the coach. Daisy had never seen something so beautiful in her life. Jayden was a very attractive boy, but what was even more attractive about him was his kind nature. He always stood out in a crowd. He doesn't have a selfish bone in him. He is selfless, caring and pretty. Very pretty.

The heat was long forgotten as Daisy's gaze was forever fixated on her best friend whom she has grown to have feelings for. Jayden gives his coach a curt nod before making his way to the field.

After two long hours and two bottles of ice cold water, Daisy was finally able to relieve herself from the shackles of the extreme weather. Undoubtedly, Jayden's team had owned the victory for the day and everyone were jubilant. They were surrounding the team captain and singing his praises. Daisy smiles to herself as she sees Jayden's exhilarated face. His exhausted face contrasting with his joyous mood. She remains in her seat while the others were making their way out of the courtyard. She was waiting for her champion, he'd always come to her after his game and today wasn't any different.

"Oh God look at your face, Daisy." He takes two steps at a time to get to his best friend who for sure has a sunburnt face by now.

'I'm fine.' She signs with a soft smile adorning her face.

"You're anything but fine. Your face is all red. I've told you a hundred times you don't have to attend my matches if the heat gives you hard time." He rambles as he takes his stuff along with hers and heads towards the boys' locker room.