Chapter-6

The two teens drive down the lonely road in painful silence. Daisy was fidgeting all the way, unable to come up with a seemingly logical explanation for her elopement. Jayden on the other hand, didn't know how to approach the girl. What she did today was buzzard and had never witnessed her like this.

He couldn't come up with a possible explanation as to why she would pull such a stunt. The awkwardness among the two friends was vehement. Daisy couldn't possibly come up with a reason to her escape without looking stupid. Confessing her feelings for Jayden was the last thing in her book. He's a guy who has a girlfriend now. He's a boyfriend. A boy who means the world to another girl. A girl that's not Daisy.

"I'm really hungry....do you wanna grab a bite?" Jayden couldn't turn a blind eye to Daisy's stomach that had been grumbling for the past couple of minutes. She must not have had anything since breakfast.

Poor thing.

Daisy simply nodded her head and proceeded to admiring the darkness beyond the glass window of the car.

Jayden just wanted to skip to the part where things weren't awkward between them anymore. But he knew better than that. This wasn't something he could let go. He had to have a talk with her, he wanted to be there for his best friend.

****

"Do you wanna sleepover at my place, Daisy?" Jayden pops a few fries into his mouth.

'I don't think that's a good idea, Jay. I wanna go home.'

Jayden pursed his lips and looked down at his empty plate. He has no idea what has gotten in her. She always stuck out like a sore thumb in public. But he felt the need to bring her out of her shell and socialize. The best person who he thought could befriend Daisy other than himself was Sophie. She was the sweetest and most caring person he's ever seen. But things didn't fall as planned.

"We can't ignore the elephant in the room, can we?" He nervously chuckles. Daisy stiffens for a minute before continuing to munch on her burger. She takes unrelenting bites so that she appears to be seriously engaged in the burger.

Jayden's shoulder vehemently droops before the pair flinched at Jayden's ringtone.

"Mom" he mutters.

"JAYDEN!" He moves the phone away from his ear with a cringe.

"You left home in the morning and you're still not back. Where the hell are you Jay? It's so late!" He could feel his dad shaking his head at his wife's redundant worries.

"Mom, its just 7:30, chill out babe." He smirks knowing very well his mom was not in the mood for any jokes.

"JAY-"

"Alright that's enough." Jackson mutters taking over the phone from his delirious wife.

"Son, just get here fast before Rosie starts running around like a headless chicken." He chuckles at his woman punching his arm.

"Yes dad I'm on my way. I just gotta drop Daisy back home and I'll be there."

"Oh Daisy's with you? Why don't you call her over? She can stay the night here if she's okay."

"Aww ask Daisy to come over too! I haven't seen that kid in a long time. I can even bake her favourite cookies!" Rosie leans over Jackson and speaks over the phone.

"Uh..s-sure I'll ask her."

He hangs up and patently places the phone on the table all the while looking at the girl before him through his lashes.

"Uh..dad was asking if you'd like to come over. M-Mom is excited to see you too." He curses at his stuttering.

After the embarrassment she shared with Jayden, sleeping over at his house was the last thing she wanted. But was the day she got her heart broken too! As bizzare as it sounds, she was really in need of some pampering from Rosie. That woman considered Daisy as her own child. Rosie and Jackson were the parents she never had and being with them made daisy forget how chaotic her own family was. she would feel she finally belonged somewhere,  even though the feeling had an extremely short span of life.

'I would love to, Jay. But not today. I could come over some other time, I really need some rest in my own space today...' she said with a heavy heart. She really needed some positivity around her which was present only from Jayden and his family. But thanks to Daisy's ludicrous doings, she lost all the privileges without making it awkward around Jayden.

"Daisy..." he sighs. He moves from his place and pats on Daisy arm asking her to scoot over.
She takes a sharp breath in when he almost squeezes her between the wall and himself.

"Daisy, I don't know what just happened back there. And I'm.....I'm not even gonna bother you anymore about it. I'll wait till you're ready to share it with me. But what I understood from that little stunt you did there was that for some reason you felt I am not there for you anymore.  Now, I know you're a tad bit dumb but don't be that dumb pshhh." Daisy gasps before smacking him on his big fat head.

"I'm just kidding." His face is adorned with a shit eating grin.

"I want you to reconsider about staying over. I totally get it if you don't want to."

'As I said Jay, some other day, please.'

He lets out a disappointed sigh but conceals it with a smile.

****

"Hey!"

Daisy drops her books ambushed.

"Oh crap! I'm so sorry Daisy." Susie crouches down picking up the books.

"I didn't mean to scare you. I just wanted to know how you're doing, after the....you know."

Daisy snatches the books from the cheerleader unfazed.

'It's okay Susie.' she signs but stop stops halfway through on seeing Susie's dumbfound face. She sighs loudly and picks out a pen to scribble down the message.

'I AM FINE.'

"Ohh great! You have no idea how worried I was. I thought it was something that I did or said which pissed you off........."

Daisy ignored the remaining of her blabbering and storms off not before giving a light tug with the shoulder.

".....S-See you later...Daisy." Susie's voice gradually lowers in disappointment.

'Something that I did or said pissed you off my ass!!' Daisy cursed in her mind. She despised the fact that Susie was considerate to a nobody like Daisy. She despised the fact that she has never seen someone as beautiful as Susie. She despised the fact that Susie danced like goddess. She despised that Susie was everything that Daisy wasn't. She was everything that Daisy ever wanted to be. To be pretty, smart, loved and above all....to be Jayden's girl.