Chapter-4

Soft footsteps followed by muffled giggles filled the silent room which consisted of a sleeping Jayden. His soft breathes moves his chest up and down rhythmically. Before he could take his next breath, he was tackled by 3 tiny, giggling bodies.

"Ohh shit!!!" He tiredly groans while holding the weight of his younger siblings who now had a red face with all the laughter.

"I told you this will be fun!" Hunter laughs as he sits on Jayden's chest and holds his face, puckering his lips.

"Get off me you guys." He mumbles, managing to get the three little a humans off him.

"Come on its Sunday, Jayden. Let's do something fun." Lily whines as she climbs back on his bare chest.

"Exactly, it's Sunday. Let me sleep." The lad turns on his stomach before holding his sister firmly so that she doesn't end up falling off the bed.

"Noooo don't go back to sleep Jayden, we're getting bored. And we're hungry too!" Hayden says before trying to open his elder brothers eyes with his little fingers.

"Go to mom and dad if you're hungry. Let me sleep."

"Mom and dad aren't opening their bedroom door. We've knocked a thousand times." Jayden finally squints his eyes open before reaching out for his phone to check the time.

"6:50?! Are you people out of your mind to wake up so early on a weekend?"

"We are hungry and bored. Who else will we go to for food if mom and dad aren't answering the door." Hunter climbs on Jayden's lap.

"Fine, I'll make something for you." He mumbles before scooping the little boy from his lap and heading towards the kitchen. The children enter the kitchen to see their father working for breakfast.

"Good morning dad. Please take your children back." He passes Hayden to Jackson.

"I see your siblings gave you a good morning." He chuckles before kissing Haydens cheek.

"Daddy we're hungry. You weren't opening the door before." Lily mumbles before making her way towards the man.

"Your mom isn't feeling well sweetheart. I was up all night looking after her." He sighs placing Hayden down and getting back to making breakfast.

"Ohh is she okay? What happened to her?"

"I don't know. She was having this splitting headache all night. I tried everything but none of it worked. It was 4 in the morning when I was finally able to put her to bed." Jackson tiredly rubs his face. Worried about his mother, Jayden makes his way to their parents' room to see his tired mother under the thick blankets softly snoring. The tired lines across her face showed how less of a sleep she had last night.

"Mommy?" Lilly whispers from behind before trying to enter the room.

"Shhhh mommy is asleep, Lilly. Let's not wake her up." He whispers before gently  closing the door behind him. The two siblings walk back to the kitchen to see the twins happily munching on their breakfast.

"Take a seat kids. I'll get your breakfast done in a minute." He says flipping a pancake.

"Dad I'll do it. You really need some sleep." Jaydon says as he takes over the pan from his hands.

"You sure? They can be a handful, specifically in the mornings." Jackson leans against the counter yawning.

"You look dead, dad. You really need sleep. I'll take them to the park after breakfast so you guys can get some rest." Jackson gives his son a warm smile before kissing the back of his head and heading to his room.