Chapter 7

Continued...

.
.
At night,,

Vikram and Veer were lying on the bed staring at his ring and smiling on his own, and Vikram was busy with his phone.

Vikram: Waise bro manna parega aapko, aap to ekdum chhupe rustam nikle.
Maine spark Kaha thha aur Aapne to puri aag lagadi!🤩🔥

Veer smiled.

Veer: Khush hai na aap?😄Ab sojaiye. Kal bhi boht kaam hai.

Vikram: hmm. Good night.

Veer: Good night.

Both of them slept.
____________

On the other hand, Rani and Kiara were also in their room. Kiara was lying on the bed and reading a book while Rani was half lying, staring at her ring and recalling all that Veer said.

Kiara: Kya baat hai Rani? Tum soyi nahi abhi tak?

Rani: kuch Naahi Kiara ji, bas oo humme neend Naahi aarahi...

Kiara: aayegi bhi kaise?😁... accha ye lo (handing her a book) book padogi to jaldi neend ajayegi.

Rani: (taking the book) thenku, Kiara Jii.

Kiara smiled and lied back.
Rani glanced at the book. It was a romantic english novel written by a Bengali author. She rustled through the first few pages of the book and found that it was quite interesting. Therefore she lied comfortably and started reading the book.

Rani was so engrossed in the book that she didn't even notice the time passing.
Finally, she was done reading the entire book.

Rani: (looking at the clock) Bhak budbak! Raat ke der baj rahe hai! Mane hum 4 ghanto se ee kitabe pare jaa rahe hai? Kal to mehndi hai Humari, hum subah Jaldi kaise uthenge?😧

She closed the light and lied on the bed and within two minutes sat up again.

Rani: humme to bhook lag rahi hai. Aise kaise soyenge hum? Ee kaisi duvidha Mai fasa diye aap humko Matarani?😩
Ek kaam karte hai, jaake kachu Khaa lete hai.

She tiptoed out of the room and went towards the kitchen.
_________

Rani was carefully placing her feet as it was quite dark. The night lamp of the hall was switched on but still she could hardly see the stairs.
With much difficulty she finally came down and moved towards the kitchen.

However, the front space of the kitchen was again too dark. Rani randomly threw her hands in the dark and walked along the path until she reached the kitchen.

The pendant light of the kitchen was on and Rani quickly hurried towards the fridge.

Rani: ee firidge mai bas kachu khane ke liye mil jaaye Matarani...

All of a sudden, Rani felt a hand on her shoulder.
Her heart skipped a beat and her feet froze in their place.

Who could place a hand on her shoulder at this hour of night and that too in the kitchen?

Could it be the 'Bargad Ka bhoot'?

Within a fraction of seconds, Rani picked up the rolling pin lying on the cabinet beside the fridge and turned behind ready to scream her lungs out.

But,
She felt that hand had moved away from her shoulder and was now on her mouth, trying to keep her back from screaming while another hand was holding her rolling pin.

Her eyes widened as she realised that this 'Bargad Ka Bhoot' was none but her dear Dactor saab.

Veer: (removing his hands) Rani, aap kya phirse mujhe belan se Marne waali thhi?😐