Chapter 39

Happy Reading🌷

Rani: humara haath kas ke pakre rahiye dactor saab...

Veer: mera haath fisal raha hai...Rani...

Rani: humara haath mat chorna!

She said grabbing Veer's hand more tightly.

He was hanging at the very edge of a cliff and there was almost no chance of surviving a fall from that height.

Veer: mujhse or nahi horha Rani! Mera haath chut rha hai... Chhor dijiye mera haath.

Rani: naahi Dactor saab! Hum naahi chhorenge aapka haath... kabhi nahi...Aap himmat mat hariye....

Veer: mujhe jaane dijiye Rani...

He said trying to remove her hand from his.

Rani: n-naahi....

And almost immediately his hand slipped away from hers.

Rani: DACTOR SAAB!!

She screamed at the top of her voice and sat up on the bed.

Small beads of sweat started to form on her forehead.

Rani looked around herself. She was in her own room and not near any cliff.

Rani took a deep breath and climbed down the bed.

Rani: itna daravna sapna kaahe dekha humne Matarani?

Rani said holding her locket tightly.

She quickly picked up the phone from the side of her pillow and dialled Veer's number. His phone ringed thrice however Veer didn't pick the call.

Rani: Dactor saab phone kaahe nahi utha rahe!? Shayad gaari chala rahe honge. Thodi der baad krte hai phone.

In the meantime Dadiamma knocked at her room's door.

Dadiamma: Rani bitiya tu uth gayi hai kaa?

Rani: jii dadi amma...

Dadiamma: to phir jaldi se bahar aaja haa...

Rani: jii aate hai...

Rani kept the phone back in it's place.

Both the nightmare and Veer not picking up the call- were creating a havoc inside her. Afterall, "subah ka sapna sach hota hai".
However she tried to remain calm and went outside the room.
_______

After sometime Rani came back to her room.

She checked her phone; Still there was no call or message from Veer.

Rani: ab tak to Cuttack pohuch bhi gaye honge...ektho pohuch k phone bhi naahi kiye!

Rani called him again but he didn't receive it. 
_____

Veer: 16 missed calls!? Oh no! Rani k itni saare missed calls and maine ek baar bhi phn nahi uthaya😟...Uhh...Jaldi se unhe call back krta hoo!

He immediately called her up.

Veer: Hello Rani!?

Rani: kaa hello? Humne subah se aapko kitni baar phone kr rhe hai aur aapko aap utha hi naahi the hai. Pohuch kar ektho phone bhi naahi kiye. Ooha jaate hi humko bhul gaye kaa? Ekbr phone to Krna chahiye thha na! Humme kitni chinta horhi thhi! Aapko pata bhi hai hum kitna darr gaye thhe!?

Her voice cracked while speaking.

Veer: Rani.. Rani...aap...aap rona mat please...Sorry Rani...meri hi galti hai...mujhe ate hi ekbr inform Krna chahiye thha...I'm really very sorry.