Chapter 4

Morning arrived all too soon. Having tossed and turned all night, I doubted that I had ever truly fallen asleep. As my ladies got me ready for my journey they tried to hide the dark circles that had formed under my eyes with heavy makeup but they could only cover much.

Once I was dressed and the rest of my belongings were packed I made my way downstairs.

I found both the Werewolf King and my father waiting for me at the front entrance.

While my father was shifting his weight back and forth, the Werewolf King stood perfectly still.

"Father, Your Majesty," I greeted the both of them with a slight bow.

"Good morning, my dear," my father greeted. He looked at me with eyes filled with hidden tears, meant for only me to see. It was evident that he hoped I would change my mind. I hadn't. I was determined to see this through.

"I'm ready," I said, determined.

"Excellent!" the Werewolf King exclaimed with a broad smile on his face. "You and your ladies will ride in the car behind ours to the airport."

I turned towards my ladies and nodded my head in the direction of the car to signal them to go ahead of me.

I remained in front of my father. "I'll give you two a few minutes," the Werewolf King said, walking over to converse with his men, who I recognized from the night before.

"Goodbye, Dad," I said, moving in for the last hug I would have in who-knows-how-long.

"Take care of yourself. Let me know if you need anything."

"I will," I promised. "Don't worry."

"I'm your father. It's my job to worry," he sighed. "I love you."

"I love you too," I said, trying to hold back the tears. I gave him one final squeeze and a peck on the check before making my way to the car.

As the car pulled away, I watched in the rearview window as we drove away from the only home I've ever known.

At the airport, we boarded a private plane; I sat near the back while my ladies sat across the aisle.

The Werewolf King and his men were the last to board the plane. He spotted me in my seat and made his way down the aisle.

"Mind if I sit next to you?"

I considered saying no, wondering what he would say or do if I did. In addition, I didn't know if I liked the idea of him being so close to me the entire trip. It still felt surreal that I agreed to marry this man...werewolf... King. What should I even refer to him as?

"On second thought I'll just go sit with Emmett," he said after waiting too long for my reply.

He turned to leave when I finally spoke up. "No, it's okay. You can sit there."

"Are you sure?" He asked, his brows furrowed.

"Yes, please," I said, gesturing toward the seat.

He took it with a brilliant smile. A blush crept to my cheeks and my heart fluttered. I quickly turned to the window so he wouldn't see and watched as the plane took off.

"I'm sorry," I heard the Werewolf King say softly.

I turned to look at him. "For what?"

"Taking you away from your home and your father," he clarified.

"I agreed to all of this," I assured him.

"You're not forcing me to do anything."

I thought about something for a minute before asking. "Would I be able to come back to visit?"