College

Dear You,

I officially moved into my college dorm yesterday, and it wasn't what I expected but at the same time, I'm not surprised. Does that make sense? I suppose it might contradict a bit, but I honestly had an image for the longest time of what my future held. And boy has it changed.

If you'd asked me five years ago where I saw myself in the future, I would've said a bakery owner with short colored hair, tattoos, and more than one piercing. It's still a cool image when I think about it, but my goals are definitely different.

I have four nutrition science classes, my hair is still very much brown and long, and my faith in my church is much stronger than it was in the past. Isn't it weird to think I've changed by not changing that much? Maybe that's more common than I thought...

I started moving in on Friday, and it's now Sunday - but I'm only 2/3 done. I think this is due to the amount of art things I brought with me. It's to the point that I joked that people would think I was an art major if they saw what I was packing. The sad part of bringing my art supplies is that I wasn't able to bring any stuffed animals, a bedtime comfort I've had since I was a small child. My sleep wasn't too bad without them, thanks to the second pillow my dad bought me. 

I apologize for my writing today, my brain is a little all over the place.  Especially since none of this feels real. It still feels like camp, like my parents will come pick me up in a week or so. I realize they won't, but I can't convince myself I guess. 

I cried when my dad left yesterday, but somehow managed to et myself together and turn my room into something manageable.  Okay, it's more than manageable. But it isn't quite "my" space yet. It's getting there though. 

I'll be here for 9 months, so I really want to make this place mine, you know? I know I will have to pack everything up after that, but I don't want to dwell too much on that to the point where I'll regeret no making the space more mine. Which is what I think I'll go work on doing..