Here...[1]

August night, roads filled with light coming from the distant bright slice of moon who was now rising in the sky. Teenagers running and joking around, occasionally yelling. Parents with happy children, who were now returning from a nearby restaurant, walking in the street walk, heading towards the park direction.

"Could you repeat that please? There is too much noise and i can't hear much" said a H/C haired girl, slightly chuckling at the annoyed huff coming from the other line of the phone.

"As i was saying, you should come with me and my family on that trip! It'll be fun i swear!"

"Nala, i know that it'll be the complete opposite, you're always advertising your family trips as boring, annoying and dumb. I love you but how can I be convinced when you say such things?"

Silence was the only thing the girl heard after a defeated sigh coming from the other.
After awhile Nala broke the silence.

"Can we at least hang out before i go?" she pleaded.

"sure thing, i would appreciate spending time with you. After all this is also our last year, the finals will be coming soon."

"Yay! I'll miss you so much though, it will not be fun without you." she pouted on the other side.

"oh? But i didn't say anything about leaving you alone after our very last exam, did I? Also it's just August calm down."

y/n explained while searching for her apartment keys.

Once they had arranged the time and place of the meeting, Y/N could finally go to sleep after a really exhausting day.

She locked the front door and went to find her way to her bedroom where she could finally rest and take energy.
Turning the light on, flinching at the sudden sight of brightness, she scanned the room to check if everything was in the right place.

Once sure it was all alright she went to bed, inspecting her phone one last time to see if she received any messages.
After turning off her phone's screen, she cuddled in her comfortable bed not bothering to cover her body since the hot temperature didn't allow that.

After some hours of a peaceful rest, her phone rung, waking her up violently.
Startled, she looked over to see who the caller was.
The glowing screen read "Mom". Worried Y/N picked up immediately.

"Mom?What is it?!" she asked rapidly. Not giving the woman time to answer she continued "Is everything alright?"

"Hello to you too sweetie. Yes, everything is fine. We just wanted to know when you'll be over. It's been awhile since we last saw each other."

"Why did you call me so late? I got scared."
A laugh could be heard from the other side of the line.

"I'm sorry, i though you were still awake as you usually were when you lived with me and your dad. It wasn't really my intention to scare you."

The younger woman sighed.
"I can't afford to spend nights awake anymore Mom and you know that. Anyway back to your question, i guess next holidays i'll be over."

"What? Winter break? Okay fine, just be sure to come. Dad and I miss you." she retorted.

"I will, good night mom." she said smiling, hoping to be able to go back sleeping.
After the older woman said hers, Y/N sighed, looking at the time. It wasn't actually that late but the girl, as previously said, couldn't manage to not have any rest.

Even if it was summer break, which would end in mid September, she still had to go work. She liked it but summing it to college, finals on their way, it would result in a very stressful situation.

While thinking of all these things, her eyelids gave up letting the young woman fall in the arms of a deep sleep.

•••
Hi! Author here. How do you like the chapter so far? I'm quite proud of my writing improvement.

Have any suggestions or writing tips? Put them here! I will be more than happy to receive advices!
Take care, cya in the upcoming chapter!