[03]

Y/n was walking home after she accompanied her friend who was scared to go alone.

She was too after what she heard, after all she was the one who suggested to go home before the sun set.

Her friend agreed without hesitation and so there she was, rapidly walking praying to get home safely.

'4 days ago another corpse was discovered by the police, the victim was found on the street and the scientific police can't determinate how old the victim was nor who she is exactly.

Let's hear some words from the department officers who are now determinated on discovering who the brutal killer is.

“We haven't got any clue on who the killer is yet, but we know that they left the city. It's not a certain thing and we recommend to stay cautious but considering that they would make at least one kill per day it's a possibility.”

Thank you, and now let's go to the other topic of the day, Tanya how-'

Those words made them insecure and decided it was best to go away, what if the killer was near them?

She had the feeling of being watched but she just shook it off as paranoia.

She took the keys out of her bag and unlocked her comfortable house.

She began doing whatever, it was 6pm already but she didn't know what to do.

Bored she scrolled through social medias, immediately regretting it after seeing the picture of the corpse they found that day.

She turned off the phone screen wanting that image to go away from her head.

She began reading a random book she found on a shelf but that image popped up in her head once again.

She sighed defeated, going to the kitchen to get something to eat.

'Maybe i should go to bed earlier tonight. Stress isn't something I need right now.'

She ate dinner and went to her room, waiting just a few hours before going to bed.

She snuggled in the covers before letting them fall at the end of the bed, they were useless this time of the summer.

She fell asleep thinking of what she could've do tomorrow, obviously not knowing what would have came.

---
Morning came quickly, a door slamming was what woke y/n up.

'what the f-'

Before she could freak out, she grabbed the nearest object to her which happened to be her heavy math book.

She carefully exited the room, tightening her grip on the book.

She went to where the source of the sound came from, ready to slam what she held to the intruder’s face.

She heard noises coming from the room she was in front of; it was the kitchen.

Holding the door knob, she was nervous to face whatever that was.
Almost breaking the handle she pulled it down opening the door.

"WHAT THE HELL?"

"oh hi y/n"

Nala was standing there with a bottle of juice in her hand and a pack of cookies in her other one.

"Nice pajama, where did you get it?"
She asked trying her best not to laugh at her friend’s face.

She was just standing there wide eyed, visible bags under her eyes.

"Even if i gave you the spare keys it doesn't mean you have to abuse this power to come in my house and scare the hell out of me" she explained frustrated.

"Oh c'mon, you know what you would be going through!"

"Jokes aside, I just wanted to tell you that I'll be on my way for that holiday with my parents. Wanted to come by to say goodbye since I'll be gone until school starts."

"What?! You are still going even when there is a killer possibly near this town?!"

"Ehh- uh- meh- yeah i am."

"You're crazy. I just hope nothing bad happens. Please text me when you get there and stuff, i'll be daily double checking on you." y/n said worried.

"Sure mommy" the other smirked.

"I have to go now, goodbye!"

"Goodbye Nala!"

She accompanied her to the front door and waved to her.
She was already getting worried and her friend was right there!

'C’mon y/n don't be stupid, she'll be fine, you will see her at school!

Yeah i shouldn't worry much, i should go to work, it will help me distract myself.'

She got ready and left.

.
.
.

The day was boring as usual, nothing new. Except for one thing.

When she left her house she saw a boy sitting on a bench, she though for a moment that he was staring at her but decided to shook it off as just paranoia.

Then there he was.
Again, staring at her.

And once again, when she left to go to work he was there.

He had brown hair identical to his eyes and pale skin. He wore a grey jacket with dark grey -almost black- long sleeves, black jeans and converse of that color.

She didn't notice she was staring at him until he brought her back from her thoughts by talking.

"Hello.."
His voice was raspy meaning he probably didn't talk much, he sounded shy too.

"Hi, can i help you? I couldn't help but notice that you were staring at me this morning and now."

He tilted his head to the side a bit before realizing.

"Oh sorry, it's just that I'm new to this city and i would um- like to get to know you?"

He said, making it sound like a question as if he didn't know what he was saying.

She wasn't so sure about his identity.
A killer just happened to possibly come in this town and a boy shows up.

Sure they didn't know the gender of the killer but isn't it weird?

She was hesitant but still talked to him.

"Sure..name is y/n"
She said glancing to her right, not being able to keep eye contact but returned to looking at him when she didn't get a reply.

"Oh sorry- my name is"
He paused and mumbled something she couldn't hear completely but took out a few words from it.

What ------ name

"Your name is?"

"Cody, my name is Cody."