[05]

Not proofread

She slowly deeply inhaled and exhaled, trying to calm herself down before having a panic attack in the middle of the night.

She got up from her bed, feeling sweaty, and opened the window to get fresh air.

The wind coming from outside seemed to work as she went in her bed again.
She wanted to go to sleep but couldn't and after a while of pointlessly turning around in bed, she finally grabbed her phone and began checking her notifications —if she had any, that is.

She then looked at the time; 'still 4 am'. She remained in bed relaxing, different thoughts crossed her mind.
She began thinking about what she would do the next day as she had the day off.

Then, a thought popped up in her mind making her freak out.

She hasn't heard anything from her friend the whole day, sure she was maybe over reacting, but who knows what could happen when there's a killer on the loose?
And it was weird as she usually sent her tons of pics, either of the landscape or just selfies.

She immediately called her, not caring if she woke her up. She was too worried to wait until morning.

She quickly scrolled through her contacts and once she found the number she was looking for, she didn't hesitate to press it.

She brought the phone next to her ear only to hear the usual ringing of when the phone is unavailable.

'Maybe her phone died and she is just waiting for it to charge. Yeah that must be it.'

She kept trying to reassure herself, believing everything her brain told her.

But of course, nothing is easy and so she kept overthinking if that was it or if she was being stupid and maybe something bad happened to Nala.

She was stressing and a panic attack was near to come. She began scratching her hands in an automatic motion.

She tried to call Nala’s parents but neither of them had an available connection.

'How are they so fucking stupid, how could one think to go on a family trip in a time like this for fuck sake!'

She paced around her house without a real destination, thinking of what to do.

'should I call the police? but i don't even know where they went! plus if they are all alright it would be useless.'

She basically threw herself on the couch, laying down and facing the ceiling.
She never thought something like this could happen.

Then, as if on cue, her mind began wandering to the dream that woke her up.

'Could it be- no. i need to stop believing this shit.'

She sighed and closed her eyes. Various emotions, most likely negative ones, filled her; sadness, worry, frustration, concern.

It was all so strange, it felt like a dream.
She pinched and slapped her self a few times to make sure it wasn't a nightmare and she hoped it was, but unluckily for her it wasn't.

Now she regretted not going with her, she felt guilty for letting her go. She should've stopped her.

She tried calling again multiple times 'Please answer, god damn it'.
This time, a ringing sound could be heard from the other line, meaning that the phone was available.

“Hello?”

A raspy voice replied and she was about to start sobbing.

What the fuck Nala, i was so worried! Why the hell didn't you call me?!”

“Heh- sorry love, I kinda forgot”

Her voice sounded off but she didn't pay attention to it, glad that she answered.
“I'm just glad you are okay! Say, did anything happen?”

“No, nothing at all! Boring stuff, same as yesterday.”

They went quiet, both not knowing what to say. It was an awkward situation to say the least. It was a suspicious one.

“Hey, are you sure everything's okay? You sound somewhat upset. What's up?”

“I already told you y/n, everything is fine. I got to go, talk to you later.” Her friend rushed and quickly hung up. She had an annoyed tone.

'Maybe I should stop worrying and leave her enjoy the rest of her vacation. I'm just being annoying.'

And so, she texted her friend apologizing for bothering her and explaining to her that she could not call her anymore every night.

The text was seen as soon as it was sent but no replies followed it.

She sighed and rested on the couch, not totally relaxed but definitely better knowing she was safe.

.
.
.

'How pathetic, panicking for another selfish being. Interesting'

———————————————————
I'm so so so sorry for not updating this book! I kinda lacked motivation as I'm not really fond of this story. Anyways, hope you enjoyed, I'll try and update more :)