016 | ice cream parlour

Sunday, 6th June 2021 ▬ The Evening after the Azerbaijan Grand Prix Race

[ 𝙳 𝚊 𝚗 𝚒 𝚎 𝚕 𝚕 𝚊 ]

As I was going through photos on my laptop which I had transferred from my camera, my phone screen lit up from the bedside table beside me where it was charging, indicating a new message notification. I reached over and picked it up, seeing a new message from Lando. I unlocked the phone and saw he was typing another message to follow the first one. 

I frowned at my phone, my head bursting with possibilities as to where we could possibly be going at nine o'clock at night in a different country. I shut my laptop screen and got up, going over to my suitcase where I had began to pack a few things. I was going to finish packing in the morning before we left to go back to England. I quickly picked out an outfit and got changed, only having fifteen minutes. I brushed my hair and reapplied some mascara before chucking a few essentials into a small bag.

𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐅𝐈𝐓

A knock at the door caught my attention, making me quickly turn the bedside lamp off and go over to unlock it

"Hey, you ready?" Lando lent against the doorway, a hand on the back of his neck as I opened the door.
"Yeah," I nodded. He stepped aside with a smile so I could step out and close the door. "So where are we going?" I asked, curious and desperate to know what he had planned.
"It's a secret." He smirked as we began to walk down the hallway towards the lift.
"You don't seem like the type of person who's good at keeping things a secret." I told him.
"I'm amazing at keeping things a secret for your information." Lando exclaimed loudly making me laugh. The hallway came to an end as we reached the lift. I moved forward to press the button, the two of us messing around as we waited for it to arrive on our floor. The doors moved aside to let us in and luckily the lift was empty, otherwise I'm sure we would have disturbed whoever would have joined us. Half way down the lift stopped and the doors re-opened.
"Well, well, well..." A familiar voice chuckled as he stared down at us. "If it isn't the two children sneaking off this late at night." Daniel Ricciardo stood in front of us both, smirking. "Where abouts are you off too?" The Aussie asked, stepping into the lift, making sure to place himself between me and Lando on purpose.
"I don't know. Lando's keeping it a secret." I answered him, feeling small as I stood next to his tall frame.
"Lando? Keeping secrets?" Daniel raised his eyebrows as a laugh bubbled in my throat and easily escaped. I couldn't even try and hide my laughter and amusement.
"I know right!" I expressed, looking up to the Australian driver.
"I am good at keeping secrets!" Lando huffed dramatically.
"Tell me one thing you've kept a secret-" I challenged him.
"Daniel walked into a glass door during the Monaco weekend and blamed Zak who wasn't even there." Lando sprouted out before he could think about what I had requested.
"Lando!" Daniel hit the back of his head. "You're shit at keeping secrets! You said you wouldn't tell anyone!" Daniel wasn't angry with the younger driver, that was easy to interpret, but the whole situation was too funny. The whole way down to the lobby the two bickered while I just stayed in the corner of the lift, laughing at their snide comments and child-like-behaviour.
"Make sure to bring her back by ten-" Daniel warned Lando as we all stepped out of the lift, the two boys letting me go first before fighting over who went next, making them both tumble to the ground. 
"It's nine now-" Lando began to argue. "We'll be longer than-" Daniel cut him off.
"Ten." Daniel repeated before walking off. "And no funny business." Both of us gave Daniel the middle finger as he walked off backwards, smirking. 
"We won't be back by ten." Lando informed me as Daniel went out of sight.
"Are you gonna tell me where we're going, Mr. supposedly good at keeping secrets?" I teased him as we made our way into the cool night, the doorman holding the doors open for us to exit the hotel lobby. We were covered over a blanket of darkness lit up by the streetlights. 
"Nope." Lando grinned cheerfully, moving so he was walking in front of me so he could open the passenger door to the McLaren for me.
"Can I drive?" I asked cheekily, tilting my head to the side while using my puppy eyes.
"Absolutely not." He shook his head making me pout. 
"Why not?" I pulled my bottom lip over my top one.
"Don't give me those puppy eyes-" he looked away. 
"God men and their over protectiveness over their cars." I rolled my eyes and got into the car, Lando making sure my legs were in before he shut the door.
"I'm controlling the music-" I said before Lando could put one of his terrible songs I had seen him put on his Instagram stories. "How about... ABBA?" 
"Old school?" Lando frowned.
"Pfft, Mamma Mia will never be old." I scoffed, connecting my phone to his cars bluetooth so I could play top ABBA hits. "I can put One Direction on if you want?" I taunted.
"No. Definitely ABBA. I love me a bit of Dancing Queen." I chuckled at his quick response.
"One Direction are still amazing to this very day." I informed him. "I used to have those cardboard cutouts of them in my room." 
"That's not creepy at all. Did it not creep you out with them staring at you while you slept?" He looked at me sidewards as he drove.
"It didn't then. It would now." I smiled.
"I need a cardboard cutout of me." Lando suggested to himself, almost like making a mental note.
"Wow, big ego much," I teased him. "You need one of Carlos." I snickered. "Fewarri friends," I couldn't stop cackling.
"How do you know about that?" 
"Please, I read the comments on my Instagram." I dragged out the please in a higher pitched tone. I notice Lando bobbing his head to Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! as it hit the catchy chorus. I twisted the dial which turned the volume up before beginning to terribly sing along to the lyrics, Lando quickly joining in.