017 | old camera, new job

[ 𝙳 𝚊 𝚗 𝚒 𝚎 𝚕 𝚕 𝚊 ]

After getting changed into some comfier clothes in my room I made my way into the hallway and knocked on Lando's door.

"It's unlocked," I heard him yell. I opened the door and walked into the hotel room.

"How'd you know it was me? I could have been a murder for all you know?" I waltzed into the room where the bed was.

"Do murderers usually knock?" Lando retorted.

"They do if they want to know if someone is in the room." I replied back smartly.

"If the ghost is clear," Lando nodded in understanding.

"Pardon? The ghost is clear? You mean if the coast is clear?" I gave him a strange look.

"If the ghost is clear." He repeated.

"It's if the coast is clear. How would that even make sense?" I corrected him.

"Huh," Lando pouted, thinking about how he'd had it wrong his whole life. "You speak from experience?" He raised an eyebrow badly making me laugh at his attempt of changing the conversation off him and his embarrassment. 

"So... I saw Twitter. And Instagram." Lando spoke up from his laid out position on the bed, his voice more serious and smaller.

"Twitter... right?" I tapped the side of my phone in my palm, looking away nervously. "I'm sorry about posting the photo. I didn't think about the social media detectives." I laughed awkwardly.

"It's fine. Your friends smart." He chuckled, brushing it off.

"She's... definitely not a genius." I laughed. "But she's always there for me and always has solutions to my problems."

"Sounds like a great friend."

"She is. The best. My best friend." I nodded, smiling. "So... what movie are we watching?" I let my arms sway by my side as I walked over to the bed and jumped up so my legs were tucked underneath me.

"Grown ups?" Lando suggested, flipping open his laptop.

"Sure," I grinned.

"There's some bags of Haribos in my bag over there if you can grab them?" Lando pointed towards the sports bag. Ironic right? Sweets in a sports bag. 

"So tonight's a big cheat night then?" I raised an eyebrow, teasingly. "Ice cream and sweets? Not to mention hot dogs from a stand."

"I mean I did get 5P," He bragged, mocking me at the same time.

"Are you ever going to drop that?" I groaned.

"Not likely." He smirked.

"Loser." I commented as I searched through his bag.

"Are you ever going to not call me names?" He questioned but I was too focused on the object I had picked up. "Ella?" He furrowed his eyebrows at my silence, having expected a sarcastic come back.

"Why do you have my camera?" I held the camera I had lost weeks ago in my hand. "Lando... why do you have this?" I looked up at him and stood up from my crouching position. Why did he have it? I had lost it weeks ago... in Monaco. 

"I was going to give you it back-" Lando began.

"When? After you listened to me embarrassingly cry over the fact that I'd lost so many photos that were important to me?" 

"Okay, so I see you're getting defensive." Lando scrambled up from his position on the bed and began making his way over to me as I made my way to the door.