025 | French Grand Prix

Sunday, 20th June 2021

[ 𝙳 𝚊 𝚗 𝚒 𝚎 𝚕 𝚕 𝚊 ]

I woke up with my legs tangled with Lando's and his arms caging me in a secure grip, my body soaking up his own warmth and scent. His steady breathing filled my ears, peaceful and calm making me understand he was still in a deep sleep. I felt bad about waking him up last night and stopping him from getting the very much needed sleep he was required to have but he honestly surprised me so much. I attempted to reach for my phone from the night stand behind me, where it was on charge, but failed in doing so, only managing to catch the screen with my finger. I was still able to look at the time, seeing it was ten past eight. We had to be at the track for half nine so I decided to let him sleep for another twenty minutes. The stomach pains were back, the tablets having worn off but I couldn't escape from Lando's arms for the time being as I let him sleep. Besides, being like this, wrapped in his embrace, close enough to see every detail on his face, the dimples and the beauty spots, I didn't want it to end. I actually... was enjoying it. A lot. I bit my lip, fighting back the temptation to run my hand through his messy curls. It wasn't my place to do that. We were friends. And just friends. Well, colleagues too. Which made the only friends part much more important. But surely friends don't feel this way about other friends?

I shifted my legs so they were covered by his more, enjoying the heat they were given my bare legs due to only wearing shorts. And despite everything I still couldn't help myself as I raised my hand up to ghost softly over his facial features. Call it creepy all you want- if you were this close to a guy like Lando, you'd do the same. My thumb ran over his bushy eyebrows, slightly jealous of them before my hand crept it's way into his hair, stroking my fingers through it and brushing out the fluffy mop of curls. I stayed doing this for about ten minutes before a small sigh of content escaped Lando making me look back down to him, scared he had woken up. I stopped my actions, about to retrieve my hand, knowing I had overstepped the line but a hand came up and gripped my wrist.

"Why'd you stop?" Lando's voice was muffled as he cuddled further into me, his tone sleepy and groggy from just waking up. But it sent chills right to my bones, my face heating up from just the sound. A small chuckle left my lips as I carried on, Lando dropping his hand from my wrist to wrap it back around my waist, pulling me closer.

"It's nearly half eight," I informed him softly, whispering. He just hummed in response, looking like he was about to fall back asleep which made me feel even more guilty. 

"Can you keep if Jon's messaged me?" He asked, eyes still shut. 

"Oh, er, sure," I said awkwardly, pulling my body over his to grab his phone. We were pressed even closer together but he kept a tight grip around me, still with his eyes closed. I checked his phone which was also on charge, seeing one message from Jon, sent about fifteen minutes ago.

"There's one message," I told him, unable to read it because his phone was locked.

"Passwords 991104," he mumbled, a small lisp on the word 'passwords' due to the many 's's and still asleep brain.

"Okay-" I drawled out, surprised he had given me his password to his phone.

"He is-" Now this caused my eyebrows to raise, "asking if Dani is okay? Surely Daniel isn't also suffering with period pains?" I joked playfully making Lando groan and roll me back over, so he was laid on my stomach more. A small squeal of surprise left my throat followed along with a giggle.