Chapter 3

Kyo's POV

Way to go! I thought, as we were walking home. The day was getting colder, and there were gray clouds. How could I be so stupid? Tohru was talking about something, but I was too busy inwardly hitting myself in the face to pay attention. I don't know how to tell her I like her. What if she rejected me? That would be horrible! What was that smile and wave for, anyway? Was she trying to make me mad? I don't understand.

"-wouldn't that be good? Kyo, what do you think?" Tohru asked, looking at me expectantly.

"Uhhh... yeah. Sounds good." I blurted. I didn't know what she asked, I just hoped it was the right answer.

"So you all want leek soup for dinner? Okay!" She smiles.

"WAIT, WHAT?" I was surprised.

Tohru laughs. "Kyo, you weren't paying attention, were you? I asked you what you wanted for dinner."

"I don't care, as long as it's not leek soup!" I said angrily. I was getting frustrated. AND she was coming over tomorrow, too! What am I supposed to do then? Lock myself in my room? I bet Tohru would knock on my door and ask, why aren't you playing old maid with us? Uo really wants to beat you! And I would be forced to come out there and see Y/N! Why can't she just go back to America or wherever she came from? She just made things a million times more complicated.

I watched Tohru open the door and step in, to tell Shigure that she was bringing friends over. I stomped up the stairs and plopped down on the roof, where I could be alone.

"What's wrong with Kyo today, anyway? He seems even madder than usual." I heard Shigure ask.

"I have no idea. Maybe it's the weather? No...." I heard Tohru say. I gripped my fists together, so forcefully my knuckles turned white.

I stayed on the roof, hearing clatters of pots and pans in the kitchen, the pages of a newspaper being turned, and the bath water being run. I laid down on my back, looking at all the miserable gray clouds in the sky. Then I remembered I had homework. God, this day keeps getting worse and worse. AND it was English homework.