Chapter 8

Caution! This chapter may contain a bit of fluff.

Your POV

I couldn't stop thinking about the dream I had. Well, that settles it. You're in love. I hated the feeling of liking someone and not being liked back. It hurts. Like loving a fictional character.

The festival! I got out of bed promptly, jumping and landing on the rug next to my bed, and checked the time. It was 8:33, so I had three and a half hours to get ready. I didn't have to hurry at all. I don't like being rushed.

I had already mentally decided to wear a dress today, because I want to look nice. I walked to my bathroom and cringed at myself in the mirror. My H/C hair was ratted and snarly. I looked like I had just made a drug deal. Maybe it will take three hours to look better. I turned on the hot water and stepped in.

Once I got out of the shower I decided to curl my hair. I shifted through my closet, looking for a good dress to wear. I got out my makeup and looked at the mountain of shoes in my dresser. This is going to take a while.

Once I had picked out my F/C dress and matching shoes, I decided to attack the bird's nest of wet hair sitting in a towel on my head. I picked up the hair dryer and got to work.

After I had finished getting ready, I went to the kitchen to get breakfast. Coffee was sitting in a coffee pot next to the toaster. I poured out a cup and sat it down, getting out my favorite cereal. Mom came out of her room, looking at me. "Honey! You look so pretty! What's the occasion?" She gushed.

"I'm going to the festival that my school's hosting today, at noon." I explained.

"Okay, just make sure that you wash the dishes before you go. You said you would last night, but you snuck to your room. "

I sighed. "Okaaaaay." I went back to my cereal and coffee. It was 10:45. I had taken a long time to get ready.

I got to work on last night's dishes from supper and pots and pans. I put music on to ease my suffering of chores. The water sloshed back and forth, threatening to get on my dress, but I wouldn't have allowed that. The dishes didn't take long, since there were only two of us, plus my cat. We were alone together, I liked to think. I never knew my dad, and I had stopped asking Mom about him a while ago. She never would say anything, and got mad if I nagged her about it.

When I finished the dishes, I still had time to kill, so I took the long way to school, through the park. The early flowers were blossoming already. I sat down at a bench and looked at them. People walked past, sometimes with dogs at their heel. A lady threw bread crumbs at the birds, who fought over them. Kids ran about, throwing frisbees and baseballs. It was a perfect Saturday.

I got up after watching for a while and headed on my way to the school. Making my way downtown, I sang in my head. I arrived at the school, and dug money out of my purse for a ticket.

"Yuki, you didn't tell me that you were taking tickets. Is Tohru here yet?" I asked Yuki, who was behind a table.

"Yes, she's inside already. Have a good time!" Yuki told me. I nodded and got to the cafeteria, where there were concessions. Booths were set up all over the place. I scanned the room and found Tohru, sitting with Hana and Uo. I waved and joined them.

"Oh Y/N, you look so pretty!" Tohru said. Her hair was in braids as usual.

"Thank you!" I said. They had sodas already, and they were talking.

"Do you guys know where Kyo is?" I asked them. They looked at each other, and Tohru answered, "I think he's up on the roof. They told him to get rid of the cats."