Chapter 2 - Hope

Three weeks had passed since Regina had found out about the baby. She was ten weeks along now and yet only she and the Charming's knew. This was her secret, something that she wasn't ready for the whole town to weigh in on yet. And weigh in they would. Everyone would know that it was Robin's that much was certain, the once Evil Queen had conceived a child with the Prince of Thieves. A child most royal, but there was one special someone that Regina had to tell before anyone else found out.

        "Morning Mom." Henry had come up behind her in the kitchen as she was getting breakfast ready. "You must be sleeping better," he joked as she piled pancakes in front of him. "I'm never going back to cereal now." Regina smiled as she slid onto the stool next to Henry's.

        "Henry, we need to talk." Regina's voiced had turned serious, causing Henry to look up from the Sunday comics.

        "What's the matter Mom?" Henry grew instantly worried, needing to talk never ended well in this family.

        "Nothing is the matter, it's just time that I told you something." Regina smiled as a knowing look came across her sons face. "Henry, I'm pregnant. You're going to be a big brother." Henry threw his arms around Regina, his hug was so tight that she was gasping for air when he let go.

        "Mom that's awesome! I knew it! I told you weeks ago that you should find out...Mom," Henry paused not really sure how his mom would take the next question, but something was compelling him to ask, "does he know?"

        All the air that Regina had just been trying to suck in was knocked out of her again. "No, he doesn't, I didn't find out until they were long gone, and now, well now I don't think I could tell him if I tried. There is no way to contact him outside of Storybrooke. It's okay though, I've done this all on my own before." She smiled and ran her fingers through his messy hair.

        "He still needs to know Mom. Maybe Belle can help find a way to get him a message, or Snow, maybe a bird could get there."

        "Henry, slow down, we have six and a half months left to figure it out. We don't have to solve all of the problems in one day." Regina smiled, knowing all too well what was coming next.

        "All right," Henry conceded, turning back to his Sunday morning pancakes, "All right, but this Operation needs a name." He sat in silence for a moment as he ate and thought it over. "How about Operation Bug?"

        "Bug? Isn't bug a little too general?" Regina gave Henry a look that clearly showed what she thought of the new code name.

        "Yeah Bug, it's weird to call it the baby, when I can't see it and I don't know if it's a boy or a girl, so for right now I'm gonna call it the Bug. Operation Bug, anything that has to do with the baby, including trying to tell Robin, is in Operation Bug." Henry leaned down and spoke directly to Regina's stomach, "Don't worry Bug, you've got one of the best moms in the world, and I promise, we are gonna find your dad."

        When Henry sat back up he noticed that his mother was trying her best not to cry. Regina couldn't help it. Her hormones were in over drive, and she missed Robin like crazy. She wanted nothing more than to tell him about their baby. About the wonderful thing that they had created together. She knew that he would be pleased, that he would love the child with everything he had. As Henry finished breakfast and put his plate in the sink Regina reached down and placed a hand on her still flat stomach. "One day soon you won't be a secret anymore. Soon everyone will know just how much I love your daddy, and how much I love you."

        "We will think of something Mom," Henry said as he left the kitchen, "we always do." He grinned as she watched him head off towards her study. She knew he was already trying to figure out how they could contact Robin.