Chapter 17 - Bold And Audacious

"What!?" Regina's hand on Robin's arm did little to hold him back as he moved towards the imp. "My daughter is not even born! You are not going to be using her for any of your schemes!"

"Oh this is no scheme dearie, and as the queen can attest, your daughter can already perform remarkable magic. She doesn't need to be here to fix this."

Emma stepped forward and got between the thief and the sorcerer. "There has got to be another way. Neither Regina nor that child are getting anywhere near that magic."

Rumple laughed, "Do you see any other prophesized children around here?" He turned his head all around for effect. "I don't. That means that if you want to help your fairy, then you must rely on your princess."

"What is the price?" Rumple looked up at Regina's tone of voice, there wasn't fear, or doubt there, she had resigned herself to the fact this was going to have to happen. Her tone was one that had ended realms, massacred millions, and evoked fear in all that heard it. The new, kind Queen was no longer among them, in her place stood the remnants of the once great and terrible Evil Queen. She held Rumple's gaze and repeated her question. "What is the price?"

"Hee, hee, hee. I believe you have just paid it my dear." He flipped his wrist and an ornate mirror appeared amongst them. "See for yourself dearie."

To everyone else Regina looked exactly the same. Nothing about her physical appearance had changed, yet something inside of her was different. "How?" Gasps came all around when they registered her voice. She reached up to touch the glass. "Why is she here?" Her glare once again fixed on Rumple, "She should be gone!"

"She's a part of you dearie, she will never be gone! And now," he laughed, "Now I will win!"

"What are you talking about Rumple?" Emma and Robin were furious, but only the former could form words. "What did you do to her?"

"Oh no!" Tink had just realized what had happened. "Zelena's magic! It's gone! While he was talking he was working the same spell I did. Only now the lightest object in the room is the baby!"

Robin found his words again at last, "You darkened my daughter? You are going to pay for this Dark One! Mark my words!"

"Oh no dear, the baby is still pure. Having not been born your daughter shares her magic with her mother," Robin spun around to face his soulmate, "So you see dearie, your princess may have saved the fairy, but who will save the queen?"

"I will save myself." Regina's low words carried through the room as if she had shouted them. It had been awhile since anyone had truly seen the Evil Queen, and when her anger was focused on someone else, they all had to admit she was amazing.

"Regina," Cruella stepped forward, "I know you can do this alone, that you can save yourself, and we will let you. Right now we need to know what you want to do about him," she pointed her finger across at Rumple, "And about your sister?"

"Belle!" Regina snapped at the younger woman.

"Yes, Your Majesty?"

"I'm assuming you can maintain control over your husband?" The bookworm nodded. "Good. Then if you would please begin to do so that would be much appreciated." She turned back to Robin and Emma, "As you can see, someone has shown up to visit. I am going to do my best to contain her, but Emma," her eyes went soft and for a second Regina regained control over the queen, "Emma, if it gets out of control, help me?"

Emma grabbed her arm and squeezed, "Of course." She turned and looked at Zelena, "Do you have a plan?"

Regina nodded. "You two," she indicated Emma and Robin, "come with me and bring my sister. I expect you three," she rounded on Hook, Cruella and Maleficent, "To handle that." Her gaze flicked towards where Rumple stood with Belle clinging to him. Maleficent nodded once and the queen turned on her heel and marched out of the building. Emma and Robin, who was carrying Zelena, hurried to follow her.