2. Idyllic.

Ishita Xth

Sorry
.....

I SAID SORRY
REPLY

Don't talk to me

Jeez Ishita
You never cooperate

I stare at the screen and receive no reply. I still did not get it, but I must've yelled at her real bad. Ishita had never told me to not to talk to her. I sighed. I did not have time for her tantrums; I needed the damn physics notes.

Ishita Xth

You still head over heels for him?

For whom?

That new guy
Mr. Overconfident

No

Why?

He's a jerk

BWHAHAHAHAHA KNEW IT
-_-

Yesterday
when you weren't there
I was studying for the test
It was almost about to start
He told me, 'why you studying when you know you can't score'
That stung

THAT'S NONE OF HIS BUSINESSSSSS

Ikr

HOW COULD YOU TOLERATE?

I felt glad that the subject changed, and she at least conversed with me. But what I didn't ever think through was that someone new could be a bully. I know my instincts had already announced him as a conceited human being, but I am pretty flexible with my perspectives. I was hoping against myself. I felt a strong sense of detestation.

🧩

Literature was my happy place. I didn't have to solve any equations or apply any formulas. Literature was so natural and real, it felt like tons of experiences were being served to me in a beautiful plate. I was forever hungry for that.

Fortunately, English teachers are always the kindest. Mine was explaining figures of speech used in a story we were studying about. I found it awe-inspiring how writers could weave magnificent sentences out of usual words.

"So, what do y'all think about the theme highlighted?"
Unexpectedly expected, Thakur stood up. "I think one of the important subjects portrayed via this text is the lack of sympathy developing in humans with time, and how one needs to have a resilient exterior to survive. Furthermore, it also conveys how temperamental human thoughts can be. Given adequate amount of time, one can get better or worsen."

He ended with a smile, a smile charming enough to melt anyone's heart. When I saw the teacher smile too, I wanted to replace the word charming with manipulative.
"Perfect. Your vocabulary is wonderful." She looked at me as if to say, you've got yourself a competitor, Manasvi. I wanted to reply with, I know, ma'am, and I already despise him. 

She continued explaining, highly pleased with her new student. Meanwhile, I looked around. And oh boy, how everyone was already looking at Thakur, awe-inspired.

I hated this. I was the one with good vocabulary, not him. I used to answer stuff no one knew about.