18. This guy.

~Manasvi~

If someone could count the moments I'd spent regretting my decisions, they would find it equivalent to half of my life.

I thought seven days of our break would be like the seven days before examinations. But they were more like seven days before a vacation.

Long. Longer.

After the sports meet thingy and us bringing the final trophy to our school, things had slowed down. Getting back to studies after an ear-blasting three hours long celebration and made people feel. . .blank. I felt blank too. But you know who felt blanker?

Bhavuk felt blanker, or at least he looked blanker. Blanker than anyone else. I saw him all week, shuffling through classes. Nonchalant. He had always been that serious, studious, perfect kind of guy at school.. But this week, it was more. I had snapped him back to reality.

We shared smiles throughout the day. He missed me, I guess. Why? I didn't know. If I were him, I wouldn't miss me. I had nothing in me to miss myself. I missed him, though. Very much. But I didn't complain, because at the end of the day, I knew academics mattered more to him. I promised him that I would not converse with Vihaan this week, because it brought him immense solace. . .and security, maybe.

Vihaan was someone I didn't even know, not that he was even interested to befriend me. We met for two days, we recognized each other, and that was it.

Me and Bhavuk wouldn't have argued if it hadn't been him chaining me down. It had nothing to do with me wanting to instantly connect with this new person I met, it was more about me expecting Bhavuk to respect my freedom. Freedom was one of those things I could any time die for, be it anyone's. And he definitely shouldn't have questioned my loyalty for God's sake.

Anyway, it was Saturday already. Last day to our break and last weekend before the Preboards.

I brushed the flour off my hands, and picked up my phone from the kitchen counter.

Bhavuk Xth

Yo Thakur
sup

Nope
minimum interaction

So there are no cheat hours or smth?

You're gonna make up the rules by yourself? That's so unfair
I am not the one to complain

Guess what's tomorrow

3rd dec

And?

Last day off before our Preboards

And?

World day of the handicapped?

Why do you choose to use this type of mental abuse on me?

Sorry 😂😂
Forgive me
It's Sundayyyy

Exactly
You meeting tomorrow?

Maybe yes
Wyd rn?

Nothing
You?

Preparing dinner
Fried rice

Bas?

Aur haina roti bana rhi

gol?

Ekdam gol

You know how to?

Why yes