10. Dope.

Weekends meant parents.

Two horrible days to spend on your own. It didn't go that intolerable if my father decides not to visit us. After all, Delhi and Lucknow wasn't exactly what you would call nearby.

When he did visit, though, once or twice a month, making through the weekend was a huge task. The way they argued all night absolutely shook me up. Sometimes it was light, but sometimes? Unsettling. I hoped for a smoother weekend every time, but I wondered how many times it was successful.

Thankfully, this time, it was just me and mom. Also, I wouldn't have to spent all Sunday back at home because of the school trip so it was kind of nice—wearying, though.

Speaking of which, I was staring back at the list of dos and don'ts sent by the school. While I was trying to comprehend it, a message popped up from some random, unknown person.

26 hours 46 minutes remain with you

My dramatic heart craved drama so I began thinking of various holocausts. Was I going to die? Was the world going to die? Will I be kidnapped? Was the deadline of my Geography notebook submission nearing?

After some moments of thrill, I entered back into my boring life and figured that it's some stupid person trying weird stuff to have a laugh. I sighed.

As I was about to type back a question asking for his/her name, it occurred to me that I might know this person. I remembered taking two days from this particular guy for a particular decision.

When will you stop doing this?
WHEN?
You creep tf outta me
As if jumpscaring wasn't enough

Cmon
It was a civilized statement
It would've been creepier if
I'd have said something like
Yellow suits you

My brows furrowed and my eyes dipped down to scan my clothes. I was wearing a yellow t-shirt.

Thakur
Stop
Fr
I am wearing yellow

😂
I mean I knew my intuition was great
but this great?
jk

I'm sorry if that actually creeped you out

🙄
As far as my reply is concerned
I still have 26+ hours, yk?
I am actively trying to find something
great about you
struggling*

Not surprising
Humans often take time to merely decipher

masterpieces

Let alone appreciate them

So I kinda understand

Take your time

You tempt me to save your contact number
as Mr. Overconfident

The message went away with grey double ticks which didn't turn blue till next two minutes so I stopped waiting for it.

🧩

We boarded the school bus at eleven, and it took us around forty minutes to reach our destination. During the journey, it was all fun and games-at least I believed it was. I got the window seat, promising Ishita that she can have it when we return since she loved that it too. We talked for ten minutes about random stuff before she got bored and moved around the bus to converse with her friends. I stayed back because I didn't really know if I was wanted or not.