Chapter 3: Her smile was as fake as Kim K's ass

Privacy is power. What people don't know, they can't ruin.

        ~Chase Parker 

...........

''Did you make any friends, Fred?'' Mom asked Fred who had his head drowned in his phone.

''Who would make friends with Fred mom? No one who is sane.'' I butted in.

''Actually, yes, I did,'' Fred glared at me, ''This cool guy, his name is George, you know Fred and George? The Weasley twins? So, we instantly hit off. Then his friends became mine too.'' Fred beamed at our mother.

Let me tell you, my parents, no, scratch that, my whole family, obviously including me, is obsessed with Harry Potter. That is why my little brother is also called Fred aka the twin who died. Frederic was named so as a tribute to Fred Weasley. Sometimes, I am happy my parents didn't name him Severus, if you know what I mean.

There are a few occasions when I wonder why am I not named Ginny or Hermione or Nymphadora or even Luna? But, thanks to god, I love my name, Beverly Davis.

''Really? That's good! When you were in my belly, I always thought it might be twins. And if they were, we would name them Fred and George. But when we did the sonography, it was only you.''

By that time, we were all grinning.

''Bev, did you make any friends besides Miley?'' Mom asked me.

''I certainly did. Dylan, Luke and Nathan.'' I listed, rather proudly.

''That's great! I see you have gone over that "I don't need friends, First day jitters, rude private school students" thing?''

''Yeah mom, thanks for reminding.'' I rolled my eyes.

''No problem, honey.'' She chuckled.

''Oh and guys, I am inviting my friends over tomorrow.'' Fred said.

"Lovely, and when will you, Bev?'' Mom asked.

''Not now, mom, you know, we are not that close yet.'' I said as mom nodded understandingly.

.......

The rest of the day had passed uneventfully, dad coming home late as usual, my mom trying not to show her disappointment at the absence of our father and Fred ranting about his friends and the soccer team for which he is trying out.

.........

School was great today. I got along nice with Miley's friends and yes, I did observe Chase Parker. Turns out he is in my AP history and AP calculus.Only two! Only two? Only two. Well, atleast, we have some classes. Thank god for that. This is not sarcasm.

I also observed that Chase sat on the last bench in the classroom, everytime. I mean it, everytime. No one dared to even spare that seat a glance. Wow.

Even the teacher didn't seem to mind his tardiness. I remember Chase being late to the history class this morning. Miss Alvarez, a petite young lady who taught us history, finally decided to object to Chase's unpunctuality in her class. She sent him to the principal's.

Poor teacher. She drank quite an amount of water considering her body and went back to page-whatever it was- I wasn't paying attention and I doubt if anyone was.

The rest of the day was Chase free.
..........

I was in chemistry. With Luke and Miley. Well, that seemed to reduce my hatred towards the subject teeny tiny bit.

We were assigned lab partners. Those will be with you for the rest of the year. Urgh!

Miley and Luke were already partners. Lucky folks.

Only I wasn't the one with a partner. Oh the joy. Well, it looked like I wasn't.

Remember Ashley? The white, curly haired, tall, runaway model like a girl? Well, she didn't have a partner either. Probably, due to the odd number of students. Well, thanks to me, now they were even.

I didn't have a partner, she didn't have a partner, you do the math.

''No way! I don't want to be paired with someone, or anyone for the matter.'' Ashley exclaimed, ''I didn't have a partner, I don't want one either. I am good off.''

''These are the rules, Miss Sanders, if you utter any other word, I am afraid I will have to give you a detention.''

Ashley opened her mouth to say something but the teacher, Mrs. Marks, cut her off. ''Any objection and you get a nice escort to the principal's office.''

''Bitch,'' Ashley muttered, rolling her eyes.

''Anything you want to share, Miss Sanders?''

''Absolutely not, ma'am,'' That smile Ashley gave was as fake as Kim Kardashian's ass.

''So, new girl, I guess, I am stuck with you now,'' Ashley said after we sat on our allotted seats as partners. Awesome.

''Beverly, my name is Beverly. And to answer your comment, I am too,'' I smiled.

''Well, you might get the impression I hate you, but, don't worry, I do, but I usually hate everyone so... It was just to piss her off'' She smiled, which wasn't fake.

''I knew,'' I smiled back. Though with all that tough bad girl and badass look, she wasn't bad. I just knew.

''I am getting a vibe that this will be interesting.'' She smirked.

Yes, it really will.

........

So, today was the day Fred was having his friends over. I was very kindly instructed by Fred to not leave my room. Like I was gonna listen to him. Yeah, right. Of course, like why the hell, would I want to meet some not so funny, stuck up teenage boys?

..........

I failed.

I totally failed.

I met his friends.

I faced his friends' comments on me.

One of them, George, asked me for my number.

I refused.

Fred gave it.

Fred gave it to get back at me for- I don't even know for what!

I received a 'Hey babe'.

It was him.

I received, 'Don't ignore me, sweet face'

Was this guy really 15?

'You know, we could go out.'

'It would be great.'

And so on.

I was staring at the phone in my hand with wide eyes.

He was officially dead.

I screamed, ''FRED!!! YOU RASCAL! CONSIDER YOURSELF DEAD!''

And by he, you should know who I mean.

.............

Reason to vote: Beverly and Ashley talked, the chapter was kinda fun and it will make me happy!😚

Vote
Share
Comment