Chapter 12: Tutor

Hey, excuse me! I found something under my shoes. Oh it is your attitude.

~Beverly Davis

Mom and dad were staring at each other communicating with their eyes and me and Fred were fiddling with our fingers.

Our grades were like the initials of my name. Bad.

B- Beverly

A- Amelia

D- Davis

Bad.

Exceptionally bad.

"We just moved here! This school is way ahead than our previous one," Fred whined, breaking the tension.

He then looked towards me, motioning me to speak next.

And we continued the reasoning.

"It's enough." Mom said.

Dad giving us a quick glare stated, "We get it. It's middle of the year and you both haven't adjusted yet."

Furiously nodding, Fred was about to say something more but mom cut him off.

"But this doesn't excuse why you shouldn't study. I don't want to hear any excuses, you both are applying for tutors and if necessary, we both can have a talk with the principal about the carelessness of your teachers. And your allowance is cut for this month."

Tutor!?

"Period." My dad said onlooking our horrified expressions.

"You poor thing, that is sad," Dylan expressed sorrow after hearing my 'talk' with my parents.

"That's sad, one month allowance cut and a tutor, life sure hates you," Miley laughed.

"I know! I am in no mood to give up my after school afternoons for getting extra study," I whined.

"Once, I had a tutor, very disastrous. He was a full blown nerd who had never talked to a girl before and was so excited to tutor me that he even included the weekends," Dylan laughed at the memory.

"I haven't needed a tutor but with what I had heard, Crestview High has the worst quality of nerdy tutors." Miley said.

"My tutor ran out on me when he saw I was a man." Nathan shakes his head at the memory as he continued, "He thought that I was a girl with the name- Nathan, I don't even know how!"

After hearing such horrible experiences, no one in their sane mind would apply for a tutor. But I had to, it was either do or die. I preferred death. But what would happen to my future husband and our Alaskan Malamute if I died? So, for their sake, I had to man up.

So I knocked Miss Weiss's cabin door- why the hell did she have a goddamn cabin!?

"Yes, come on in!" A voice came from inside.

"You, again?" The same cringy voice of miss Weiss said when she saw me enter.

"Yes, ma'am, unfortunately," I said as pressed me lips in a tight line.

Sighing, she motioned me to speak for why I was there. Bitch.

I don't know why all her actions always provoke me conclude the fact that she is a bitch and then call her that.

"I want a tutor,"

"Already, Miss Davis?" She smirked. Bitch.

Not again, sorry miss Weiss! I called out in my head.

I want a tutor so that I could get good grades thus, please my parents so that they won't kill me( not that they would have to) and therefore I would die as planned.

"Actually yes, I need a tutor for some backup, I ain't so sure on your teaching methods," I pouted, trying to hide my devil of a smile and give my most innocent look.

"Whatever, tutors aren't available at the moment, but I surely will arrange something till the end of this month, till then, I suggest, please pay attention to my teaching and not Mr. Parker"

Giving her a sheepish smile and wink, I said, "You got it!" Before exiting the cabin.

It hadn't gone bad, to be honest, she had me on the Chase part.

Speaking of which, vanilla came in my mind.

Chase had called me vanilla.

"Vanilla suits you. Perfectly."

"Vanilla, it's quite common. Very. But yet it's very exquisite, intense, mysterious."

Vanilla

Vanilla

Vanilla

The word filled my mind as I made my way to sit somewhere as I had the period free.

But vanilla thoughts were cut by the ding of my phone signaling a message from Dylan.

Wasn't she supposed to be in her lecture?

Meet me below the oak tree behind this school building

Let me tell you something, Crestview High is ginormous. It's like the whole east texas comes here. There are many buildings, class rooms and many trees. But the oak tree behind this building is what we call peace. The birds settle on that fella to sing. We go there to tell secrets.

And now that Dylan had messaged, I hurried towards the ole oak.

What did she want to say?

♡♡

Vote, comment and enjoy reading!!