A random checkup

they came out looking more awake,and smelling oddly masculine,their scent floating around the room..

"Right,now...breakfast!" They declared,walking    Happily out of the room

muffled voices were heard as they opened the bedroom door,earning a heavy sigh,and light contemplation if  downstairs was okay.

"have you eaten yet sweet?" They asked quietly,kinda used to the fact that you couldn't talk.

"Well,if you haven't,please try your best too,and if you tried,I'm so very proud of you,your doing great." followed by a warm smile.

"And you should try cinnamon sugar toast,it's amazing!"

they laughed,wearily walking down the stairs,the voices getting more clearer now.as
they opened the door,they seemed to stop
maybe it was an argument?-

"Morning!" Their mother chirped.

She was in a good mood.

"Hi.." they grumbled,going straight to the fridge.

"don't worry about it kiddo,I made breakfast!"
their dad exclaimed,followed by a deep chuckle.

they had their guard up,these types of moods were only temporary when it came to the two of them.

sitting at the table, and giving the two a smile,
they shuffled around awkwardly,fixing their gaze on the bluebird,that sat on the windowsill.

they smiled,admiring its vibrant colour.

                        "Beautiful.."

"I know!! I bought it yesterday!"  mother chirped,spinning around in her newly bought dress. It was blood red,with subtle gemstone details.the dress was amazing,but something was up.

"How did you afford that mum?" they questioned,their mother was the type of person that didn't save her money,so most of the time she would leech off of dad.

"Don't be rude august!" Their father scolded.
she could never afford a 75,000 dollar dress,mum,where did you get it from?"

"well I got a new job...and the boss took a liking to me,so he invited me to a party...and got me a dress."she mumbled.

"you did what?!" Their father raised their voice,at her.

"Leave her alone,you two aren't even together anymore." They hissed.

"Get out dad."
"Now."

"Whatever!" He shouted,walking angrily out of the room,they both heard the door slam,august giving her a tired look.

"You need to stop this mum,he doesn't need to be here anymore."

the room went silent for a moment,allowing them to get up,and walk out of the room,shutting the door softly behind them.

Their mom stood there,her eyes focused on the floor.
"Your right..I'm sorry."
She managed to whisper.

Part of them felt sorry for her,they knew the two of them had history,and that their mum couldn't really let go things.
"He makes you so unhappy and you don't even see it."
They gave her a comforting smile,before walking out of the room, going to shut the door softly behind them.

"Oh,and august?" Their mother started.
"I'd love to meet your new friend,they seem like a good listener!" She smiled softly.

"Yeah,ironic isnt it."they thought.

"Yeah,maybe." They smiled,shutting the door behind them,and taking a shaky breath.