Chapter One

So I have another fic. Here is a steaming pile of shit. Enjoy.

--Lemon

Marinette and Jason were best friends. They were inseparable. They were attached at the hip. They were twins, siblings, best friends.

They were two twins against the world.

Key word: were.

Marinette and Jason were best friends. They were inseparable. They were attached at the hip. They were twins, siblings, best friends.

They were two twins against the world.

And then Jason died.

And then it was just Marinette.

And then child services came.

And then Marinette was shipped off to Paris.

Without Jason, Marinette wasn't as quick to avoid the cops. And so she was caught. After spending a few nights with CPS, the cops found a new family for Marinette. A family in Paris. A family on the other side of the world.

The next day, Marinette was on a flight to the city of love. She didn't speak the whole way.

Or the week after.

Or the month after.

In fact, Marinette hadn't spoken for a year after Jason's death.

And then she met Kim. And with him came Nino.

And suddenly she had a new family. The two boys might never be able to replace Jason...but she liked them. Marinette liked them far more than her adopted parents. Tom and Sabine were kind but Marinette never really warmed up to them. Maybe it was just her Gotham blood telling her not to trust anyone.

But she trusted Kim and Nino.

They were nice and funny. So Marinette began to speak again.

And soon enough she was smiling. And laughing. And even making jokes of her own. She discovered a passion for designing. It allowed her to let out out her anger and grief in a creative way.

Soon enough, she was creating hats and jackets and gloves and dresses.

Kim and Nino encouraged her so she made them all matching shirts that said "Ice cream squad."

The boys loved them.

They went out for ice cream after that.

A week after, summer came to an end and Marinette was forced to go to school.

Francois Dupont was a scary place. it was huge and intimidating. And without her brother there with her, Marinette couldn't help but shake a little in her pink flats.

But she had her friends. Her squad.

So she stepped into her new class with a small smile on her face.

That's where she met Chloé Bourgeois. The girl was dressed in an abundance of yellow. She was even more intimidating than the school.

Marinette avoided her the whole day, as a born Gothamite, she knew who to avoid.

It was lunch when Chloé became unavoidable.

Some jerk upperclassmen had thought it funny to trip Marinette, spilling her lunch and causing her to share a passionate kiss with the floor.

But then Chloé stepped forward and threatened to call her daddy, the mayor, if the bully didn't apologize.

Marinette made another shirt that day.

Chloé claimed to hate it, that it was too far beneath her to wear a matching t-shirt with a bunch of commoners.

She wore the shirt the next day.

And three became four.

Marinette, Chloé, Nino and Kim. Four friends against the world.

Four.

Not two.

Marinette had to remember that sometimes.

That it wasn't two anymore.

That it wouldn't be two ever again.

But it was okay. Or, at least, it was starting to be.

Marinette had her friends. She had her adoptive parents. She had a happy, safe life.

It was a good life.

Even if Jason wasn't in it.

But then, like a shark smelling blood, came one Lila Rossi.

Lila came and snatched her happiness away, turning her new class against her, turning her adoptive parents against her.

The only ones who stood by her were the members of the ice cream squad.

Her bestfriends. the only ones who knew about Gotham, about Jason. The people who stood by her know matter what. The people who brought her out of her shell and made her smile again.

Her friends knew the liar was just that, a liar.

And they were going to protect her from the new girl.

And destroy the lying bitch in the process.

Because no one messed with their best friend, their sunshine girl.

Lila Rossi had no idea what she had just unleashed.