Chapter Five

Heads up: This chapter will have the Marinette is left behind trademark because I'm a sucker for it every time.

---

Marinette woke up on time for once.

On time to see the bus leave her behind.

Marinette had woken up exactly at 7:00 am so she would have an hour of extra time. She got dressed in the Poison Ivy themed outfit she had spent all night making. She paired the skirt and top with a few silver vine bracelets she had made in Paris and green ballet flats with ribbons that swirled up her legs and stopped just below her knees.

The day before the class was allowed free time until curfew, so Chloé and Marinette had gone in search of fabrics for her final design. All her other friends' outfits she made in Paris, but Marinette had run out of time to make her own. That day they were all dressed as Gotham rogues. Adrien was Cat Woman (he thought it was hilarious), Chloé as Harley Quinn (they girls had wanted a couples outfit), Kim as Huntress (he really liked her weapon, it was a bit concerning), and Nino as Deadshot (Marinette had no idea why but the boy was really excited about this one).

Marinette had made sure all her things were packed safely in her bag. Her sketchbook, phone, wallet, and extra sweater were all tucked away, hopefully safe from any sabotage. Even Kalkki and their miraculous were stored in her bag, along with Tikki--for emergencies.

So Marinette was ready for her day, prepared for anything.

Except that her class would leave while she was eating breakfast.

Her friends had sent her almost thirty texts asking where she was and if she was okay. Apparently When Chloé woke up and saw her missing, she had assumed Marinette had already left. Which was sort of true.

So now Marinette was stuck begging the receptionist for a bus schedule or a map--at the very least--to Wayne Enterprises. She had been pleading with the poor woman to tell her if there were any bikes or even rentable cars nearby when someone tapped her on the shoulder.

Marinette whirled around to see one of the most handsome men she had ever met--and that was saying a lot, seeing as she was gay and friends with a male model. Her coffee almost spilled with the abrupt movement, that would have been a tragedy.. He was almost a foot taller than her--but that didn't take a lot--and had jet black hair and deep blue eyes.

"Miss? If you need a ride, you can come with me."

Well that wasn't creepy at all.

"Um, no thanks, sorry but you know, stranger danger and all." Marinette bit her lip and tried not to look at the man. She shifted uncomfortably, hopefully he would take the hint and leave her alone.

"Oh my god!" The man's blue eyes widened almost comically. "No I--I didn't mean--ah, fuck." He facepalmed and cringed.

This was getting weirder and weirder.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to come off as creepy!" He sighed. "Name's Dick. Dick Grayson."

Marinette blinked at his outstretched hand. "Your name is Dick." She deadpanned.

To her surprise, the man laughed. It was a nice laugh. Maybe she wasn't as gay as she thought she was.

"Yeah, blame my parents, I guess."

Marinette laughed a little, wondering where this conversation was going. Hopefully to Wayne Enterprises.

"I heard you were heading to Wayne Enterprises, it just so happens that I was headed there myself." Dick rubbed the back of his neck--the gesture was all too similar to Adrien's own nervous habit.