Catfish, Cars, and Mudding

~Chandlers POV~

When we get to the airport and get it the building and say are goodbyes to Kylie's mom,we head to the plane. I've been on a plane many of times and it's basically I normal thing for me now but I'm nervous for some reason I am. I think it may be the fact that I'm on a plane to Oklahoma, with the girl I'm crushing on, and I'm going to be having an 'okie style weekend'. I really nervous like what it I make myself look like a fool.

When we land in Oklahoma City we get off the plane to pick up are bags. We then walk outside and wait for a friend of hers to pick us up. We sit on a bench for about fifteen minutes before a blur pickup pull up. A tall guy with short brown hair and these badass looking cowboy boots on. As soon as Kylie sees him she drops her bags and runs to humans wraps him in a big hug.

"I've missed you so much uncle Tim" she says in his chest.

"I've missed you to pumpkin, who's your little friend?" He asks

"Uncle Tim this is Chandler Riggs. Chandler this is uncle Tim" he reaches out to shake my hand, but I'm taking back when he pull he in for a manly hug.

"Anyway we should start heading home because Conner called me twice askin' if I had pick you up yet"

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•
~Later that evening~

It takes us two hours to get to Pauls Valley, Oklahoma. Its really small compared to all the places I lived. When we get thief me and Kylie head up to are rooms and unpack. I'm unpacking and happen to look out the window and glance around the farm. Their are 3 barns and and a garden and some little ponds. I can hear the birds chirping and the different animals around the farm. While I sit there daydreaming I hear a gently knock on my door.

"Hey be ready in fifteen minutes we are going to head over to Conner's so we can finish are car" I nod and start to get ready. I pray that I don't make a fool out of me.

I meet Kylie outside so we can head to Conner's. She's wearing a pair of skinny jeans with a old t-shirt that says cage the elephant on it and a pair of old and worn out looking cowboy boots. She is absolutely beautiful.

"So we are gonna walk over to comers and then after me and him fix the belt on our truck we are going to take you to the river and ride the four wheelers" she says practically jumping up and down.

"Ok sounds great" trying to hide my nervousness.

We start walking through the woods and in to a pasture before I can even see the house I guess we are walking to. When we get to the porch she pulls out her phone and called someone.

"Hey look out your window" she commands.

I then see some curtains move from the second floor and some pounding of feet on wooden floors. a little boy runs up and hugs Kylie the the ground door opens and another boy about mine and Kylie's age comes out. The little boys is still on her leg when the guy that I'm assuming is Conner notices me.

"Howdy my names Conner and you must me Chandler?" He says with the same southern accent Kylie has.

"Yep that's me" I say

"So Conner where is are the part so we can get down the the river" Kylie ask.

"Oh come on there out back" he say motioning for her to follow him.

He leads us to a huge barn. He then slides the door open and the all kind of car parts and cars and stuff are thrown everywhere. I stand in and lean against a wall and watch as Kylie and Conner work on the truck. I'm amazed at how much this girl knows about cars I wouldn't be surprised if she knew more than me. They finished a little while later and head out to get the four wheelers. They both come back on one and she tells me I'm sharing with her. I hold on to her as we speak to a dip in the valley. I slow down and take a small path to the river below.

I and covered in mud and look around for Kylie and start laughing when I see she has way more mud in her then I have on me.

"So Kylie I was thinking I could me and you could see if we could get us a good catfish and cook it over the grill for dinner tonight" he asks

"Sure that sounds great" she then gets up and walks over to the river and plops in with a graceful dive. let both go to this one spot and go under water I watch and see bubbles coming up. I wait for a minute and think about it. they then pop up and they both comeback with with two huge catfish. I have am having a really great day so far. We go back to the house to cook the fish on a fire, and I can't help but see that Conners glaring at me from the other side of the fire. I'm not stupid I can tell he likes her so when she gets up to take are plates inside I decide to have a little chat.

"So you know it's pretty obvious that you like Kylie" I say staring into the fire.

"Dido"

"Oil I just want to be friends so let's not fight over her, wont care if she picks you or if she picks me I just want her happy"

"Ya me to" giving me a hand shake.

I feel proud of myself for being a bigger person.