Lovesick

Another somewhat long one, not as long as 'Starting From Ground Zero' though.

Summary:
'Todoroki just stands there, blinking, as if looking like a head-empty beautiful bastard is his fucking job. Katsuki can’t think of anyone more pointless to use a quirk like this on. Obviously it’s been annoying as fuck, but like – it’s Todoroki. He’s already the most beautiful thing most of them have ever seen. Katsuki’s pretty sure everyone who knows him is halfway in love with him anyway.'

Todoroki gets hit with a quirk that affects those in his vicinity at the time. Unfortunately, that includes half the class. They all start treating him... differently. Bakugou, however, treats him exactly the same as always.

—half the extras in the class are being weirdly affectionate to icyhot, and bakugou is doing his best to ignore what all the signs are suggesting about his own feelings. also suffering / bktd, quirk shenanigans & 3-A fiascos

~~~~~~~~~

It’s just an ordinary patrol when it happens.

Well, it’s a little out of the ordinary that so many of Katsuki’s classmates are gathered in one place during a patrol, but it’s not the most unusual thing ever. On a scale of Kaminari saying something which gets him either an earphone jack or an explosion to the face (embarrassingly common, of no special note to Katsuki) to Todoroki’s stupid little smile spreading across his stupid pretty face (not very common, of unforgivably special note to Katsuki), it’s somewhere in the middle.

Katsuki ignores the Kirishima that’s currently wiping away tears in his head, wailing something about how his scale is so fuckin’ manly, bro!

Of course it’s manly. Katsuki is the fucking best. Everything he does deserves praise. But he is never saying that scale out loud, so shut up, internal-Kirishima, before Katsuki does something mildly unhinged like aim a blast at actual-Kirishima next time he sees him as punishment for your crimes.

So. Yeah. It’s just a normal day. They’ve all been scattered around with some of the younger pros as part of their practical training – Katsuki, personally, thinks he was as good as some of these pros back in first year, and definitely now that he’s a third year, but Iida had subjected him to an entire thirty-seven minute lecture on why he shouldn’t say such things, to which Katsuki had eventually groaned and shouted that he wouldn’t say shit just to make Four Eyes shut the fuck up – which, honestly, is pretty cruisy. The two third year hero classes have been scattered around the surrounding metropolitan areas – thirteen of them here in Musutafu, fourteen in Hamamatsu, and fourteen in Shizuoka City itself.

Even though his group is the smallest, and Musutafu is basically a magnet for villain attacks because of UA’s presence in the area, Katsuki reckons thirteen of them is overkill. Especially when adding in the pros. After all, Katsuki’s one of the thirteen, and not only him, but Todoroki and Deku are in the zone too.

That said, they still manage to find themselves in a scene of unimaginable chaos.

“Did you get the fucking rhino?” Katsuki shouts, spotting Sero swinging in to join them. They’re all technically fighting, but it’s winding down. He can see Deku punching some tiger-looking fuck, Todoroki is freezing some giraffe lady’s feet to the ground – “What the fuck? Freeze a chain between the wall and her neck!” Katsuki shouts, grinning a little when Todoroki frowns at him before doing exactly that – and in the distance he can see three vaguely humanoid figures covered in bugs up to their waist, which must be Kouda’s doing.

“Yeah, taped her up, left her with – shit, watch out!” Sero yells.

Without hesitation, Katsuki launches himself into a spinning jump, leaping through the air and coming face-to-face with –