•27.•

•valentine and jonathan•

valentine and jonathan

THE TEAM OF Shadowhunters that Isabelle had selected for bringing Valentine Morgenstern to Idris brought the infamous Shadowhunter before the Head of the Institute. "Valentine Morgenstern, by order of the Clave you are hereby remanded to the Gard in Idris," Alec speaks as they halt in front of him. After a nod from Izzy, Magnus used his magic to open a Portal. Valentine makes a rather discriminating remark about the Downworlders polluting the air and Alec tells his sister and parabatai to get him out of here. Magnus and Alec watch with careful eyes as the group of Nephilim disappears through the Portal, but looked away right at the moment when a Shadowhunter took Valentine's shoulder.

Valentine instantly knew that the move was not accidental or necessary for his transfer. He wonders what the Shadowhunter had in mind for him, but he gathered that he would find out soon enough.

Moments after entering the Portal Valentine and the other Shadowhunter arrive at a drab looking storage room. A blonde Nephilim was already waiting for them there. The guard let go of Valentine and slowly approaches the other man. "I did as you asked. I brought Valentine here. Now, please, let my family go," Duncan pleads. Valentine watches silently as the blonde male grabs Duncan by his cheek. He sighs before speaking. "Thank you, Duncan. You did uphold your end of the bargain."

But then the blonde man unexpectedly drove a sword into Duncan's abdomen. The Shadowhunter grunts in pain and surprise. The blonde leans in to his face. "But I'm afraid I cannot uphold mine." He removes the sword and the now dead Shadowhunter falls to the ground. The blonde man steps over the lifeless body to approach Valentine. He recognises the blonde vaguely from being recaptured after the debacle with Azazel. "What do you want from me," Valentine asks, not very much impressed.

Suddenly the skin of the Shadowhunter in front of him turned red. He shifted into a hideous creature with burnt flesh. His voice was raspy as if damage was done to his lungs. "Hello.. father."

Before Valentine could find a response, the man in front of him activated his rune again and turned back into a blonde male with blue eyes. The man claiming to be his son, his true son. Jonathan Christopher Morgenstern. Still bound in chains, the man grabs Valentine by his arm and pushes him down on a chair, chaining him to the ground.

"Why bring me here," Valentine asks. "Because I realized the thing that was missing was you." Jonathan leans into him threateningly. "You made me what I am, father. Everything you did to me created this. Now it's my turn to repay the favor." Sebastian stands up from the ground again to tower over a bound Valentine. He turns away from his father and heads over to grab a kettle. "How is this possible. How did you manage to escape?"

Sebastian glances over his shoulder. "Frankly, I'm a little bit disappointed that you haven't figured it out already. You should remember Azazel.." he says with a certain smugness to his tone. "Azazel? So you're the reason that demon switched me with a warlock," Valentine inquires. Sebastian kneels down to make tea in an old stove and chuckles. "Not exactly. You see, I made a deal with him. I summoned him out of Edom and he helped me escape. Once I was free, I returned the favor." He turns around and rests with his back against a dresser. "I'm afraid it's not a very nice place," he whispers, letting Valentine know exactly what he had caused.