•01•

•simon is a mess and clary ends up in a mess•

"SERIOUSLY SIMON, YOU are probably more stressed than Clary right now

"SERIOUSLY SIMON, YOU are probably more stressed than Clary right now." Blythe balances the three cups of coffee in her hands as she maneuvers between the small tables. "I know, I just.. I really want her to have this great opportunity, you know? She just really deserves it, that's all," the boy responds. His glasses are sliding off his nose and he pushes them back with the ease of people who wear glasses for a long time. The two sit down at one of the empty spots at Java Jones and wait for Clary to join them. She had just texted Simon that she was done with her interview for the Brooklyn Academy of Arts and that she was on her way, no details included. 

Simon was obviously anxious that Clary did not get accepted and Blythe could basically hear the mechanics in his head working overtime. He was drinking his coffee a little too fast, a sign of Simon Lewis being on the edge of a mental breakdown. The girl could only hope that Clary would come soon, otherwise she might have to take him to the hospital.

They finish their first coffee quite early, with Simon drinking the cup that was destined for Clary to calm himself down. Ordering another one was no problem at all, calming Simon down is far worse. As they wait for their redhaired friend to arrive, they make small talk about what they've done since the last time seeing each other, which was yesterday. Simon animatedly speaks about games, his band and the most recent gig they have scheduled. Just when the boy stopped talking and asked Blythe what she had been up to, their friend arrived.

Both her friends look a little solemn as they see her sad, pouty look. Clary walks towards them without saying a word and sits down. She lays her folder with the projects she wanted to show on the table with the scary monsters she'd drawn on it turned upwards. It was for a graphic novel that she and Simon were making, but it scared the living shit out of Blythe sometimes.

Simon stands up from his seat as Clary joins them. "Give me the professors' names and I.. I will end them." Both girls turn their heads towards their friend, showing his surprised looks. It was nothing like him to respond with such violence. He notices their glances and quickly explains himself. "You know, with.. with a scathing e-mail to the dean." Clary and Blythe look at each other, sharing a secret smile. That sounds more like Simon already. "Don't bother, Simon," the redhead says and she sits down opposite her two friends.

"They don't know what they're missing by denying Clary Fray, the next aspiring famous artist. Like Vincent van Gogh! Well, with both ears still attached.." Blythe takes a sip from her coffee cup, glancing at her friend over the rim. Simon picks up the letter that Clary had dropped on the table and unfolds it. Giant letters spell 'CONGRATULATIONS' at the top. He glances up at Clary, all his disappointment gone like snow in the sun. Blythe notices the change in his facial expression and takes the letter from him. "Sad face? Really?"

Clary starts to giggle. Blythe rolls her eyes and drops the letter on the table. She almost could not believe that she was fooled by her friend's theatrics, but apparently she was. "Well played, Fray." They all join their fists together and do their secret handshake. "Thank you, guys. You know, it's weird. They kind of liked my assigned work, but they flipped out over the drawings for our graphic novel." "You're welcome," Simon says, while Blythe responds: "I understand why they flipped out.. They still flip me out." They all chuckle as they bask in this happy experience.