•10.•

big, hairy doggy.. wait..

CLARY, ALEC AND Blythe meet up with Simon at the shortcut that Simon and Blythe used to take if they wanted to see Clary, especially if her mom hadn't allowed them to pay a visit

CLARY, ALEC AND Blythe meet up with Simon at the shortcut that Simon and Blythe used to take if they wanted to see Clary, especially if her mom hadn't allowed them to pay a visit. They walk through the foliage and spray paint covered alley towards an abandoned staircase. "You've gotten a lot better at this," Simon says to both his friends. "I was just gonna say the same thing about you," Clary says. She was very surprised by Simon's sudden skills in parkour, but decides not to question it. 

"Climbing fire escapes excites Mundanes. I'll never understand these people," Alec grumbles. Blythe looks over her shoulder at the Shadowhunter behind him. "Can you not, I don't know, stop.. just for once? Seriously, your gloom is able to cloud the sun." They get onto the balustrade by Clary's bedroom. All the brick walls were covered in runes. "Woah, I don't remember it like this," Clary says. 

Alec studies the runes on the wall from a distance. "These are runes and wards of protection cast by a warlock." "Dot," Clary murmurs. They all stare at the runes that were painted on the brick walls. Now, Blythe was actually able to see them without having her mind alter the images. It was strange to think that these had been here for all those years without one of them seeing it. All except Clary's mother and Dot, of course. 

"Some of these have been here for years," Alec states after further inspection. "The only difference is now Blythe and I can actually see them," Clary says and she quickly glances at her best friend, who was leaning against the metal fence with her arms crossed. Her face was showing so many emotions at the same time that Clary couldn't figure them all out. "Yo, guys. What are all these tags?"

Clary, Alec and Blythe look at Simon, who points to the runes on the wall. Blythe raises an eyebrow in confusion. "You can see the runes," Alec asks the question that was on all their minds. Simon responds that they are kinda hard to miss. "For a Shadowhunter. They should be invisible to most Mundanes, unless you have the Sight of course. When did you get it," the Lightwood corrects him, his eyes darting to Blythe. "Now, thanks for including me for once," Blythe says with a sarcastic eyeroll. 

"I don't know," Simon responds to Alec's question with a soft chuckle. "But whoever drew these should take some lessons from Clary. Their, uh, work is pretty sloppy." Clary smiles and notices one particular drawing on the bricks. A heart with the letters 'SL' and 'CF'. "This is from when Simon and I were engaged to be married." Alec's tone shows how uninterested he is in this story. "You were engaged? I'm almost certain I don't wanna hear this story-"

Simon, however, did not catch up on that. "We were eight years old." Blythe laughs softly when thinking back to when Clary and Simon told her about the 'engagement'.  "And I would be bridesmaid. Remember that?" Clary nods, her mind visibly drifting off. "That was a whole other world ago." The redhaired girl walks towards the door to the inside and attempts to open it, but it wouldn't budge.