•03.•

city of bones.. dun dun dunnn.

"REST EASY, HOMBRE

"REST EASY, HOMBRE. Clary and Blythe are in good hands," Isabelle ensures Simon. She walks around the bed gracefully and sits down on the other side, the tray of food that looks highly unedible in between them. "Speaking of Blythe, where is she," Simon asks, not about to let this go. Especially not since Isabelle just revealed that Clary could have become a Forsaken-thing if Jace had been wrong about his suspicions that she was a Shadowhunter. He can not even digest the idea of something bad happening to the two of them. 

"She's probably still in the guestroom, but don't worry. Alec is staying to watch over her until she wakes up." The new piece of information did not leave Simon without worries, though. "And I shouldn't be concerned... why, exactly?" Isabelle raises her head, looking at him through her eyelashes, and starts to grin. "Alec is my brother and the responsible one of us three. Believe me, Blythe is fine." She dips one of toasted, or more like burnt, pieces of toast in some disgusting yellow dip and puts it in her mouth. 

•••

"LET'S GET OUT of here, just us three. We can get Dot ourselves," Simon says as he puts on his jacket. The three of them were standing in the weaponry room with Isabelle, though Blythe could not see any of the weapons or anything else but the empty church insides. It was kind of frustrating. "I agree with Simon. These are creeps and I want to leave before I'm going mad." Simon watches Blythe's exasparated look and shares a worried glance with Clary. Her migraines were really bad this day..

"Guys, there are demons out there, okay? Actual demons with tentacles that wanna murder us. Do you know how to kill a demon?" She looks at both of them, waiting for them to say anything. "I'm an Internet search away," Simon shrugs. "Simon, I really don't think it's that simple." "I bet you it's not that hard," he counters back, not willing to give up. This place and the people inside give him the creeps.

Then, Jace enters the room. He pushes in between Simon, Blythe and Clary to get to Isabelle. He swats her hand away from something that she was tracing, but Blythe could not see what it was supposed to be. However, seeing that they were supposedly surrounded by weapons, she thinks it might be a blade or something. "Fifty bucks says he doesn't approve this mission," Isabelle says as her finger goes over the sword. Alec storms in behind them. "I don't approve of this mission." His reaction makes his sister smile, knowing she was right once again.

"I spoke with the Clave," Alec states, "They're sending Seelie scouts to search for Valentine, but they made it clear, the little girl does not leave the premises." He points towards Clary, who defends herself by saying that her name is not 'little girl'. "I don't care what that Clave thing or you want, I'm going to find Dot." 

Jace tries to defend Clary by stating that this warlock could have the answers they need, answers that can lead to the Mortal Cup. "With Valentine's people out there searching for Clary, she's not safe outside alone." "Jace has a point," Isabelle says softly, staring up to meet her brother's gaze. "Et tu, Izzy?" Alec turns to Clary and was starting to get defensive quite fast. "All right, since you have all the answers, where do you suggest we search?"