Chapter Three

The guys made it back to Kissworld and by then, it was already late at night.

Demon carried his new daughter inside and then he took her to the guest bedroom.

He tucked her in with a warm blanket and then left, leaving the door cracked open in case she woke up again.

Catman was in his animal form, and he was curled up on the rug next to the fireplace.

An hour later, there was a knock on the door and when Spaceman opened it, their manager was there.

"I think you guys should watch the news".

Doc McGhee said, and then Starchild turned on the TV.

On the screen, a news reporter was standing next to a crime scene where the corpse of a young girl who was wearing a school uniform was lying on the ground.

She had been found dead near the highschool the night before.

"Witnesses say that they saw a woman by the train yard with no legs. The police have identified the girl as Kana Wan Lei, and she was a student at Coolsville High".

The guys couldn't believe it.

Demon was surprised to see that only the girl's upper body had only been found.

"But what happened to her legs"?

Catman asked.

At that moment, the little winged girl woke up and wandered around to find her adoptive father.

Starchild quickly turned off the TV so the gruesome scene wouldn't scare the child.

"How are you feeling"?

Demon asked his new daughter, as she climbed up to sit in his lap.

Everyone else had to smile at the adorable sight.

"I don't know if it's safe to do the concert next Saturday".

Doc McGhee said, as he looked out the window.

"We'll have to keep up with the news and hope that nothing else bad happens".

Starchild told everyone.