A New Friendship

Today was the day you dreaded the most

Today was the day you dreaded the most.. The academy was starting today, and it was not something you wanted.. Your parents had signed you up, hoping you follow their footsteps of becoming a shinobi like them. What they hadn't taken into consideration is that you were smaller than most kids your age, even too shy too even start a conversation with any of the kids. You liked being on your own, watching the sky and run around the village with the family dog.

You clinged to your fathers leg as he stopped outside of the acadamy. "Y/N, come on, you will have a great time" the cheerful tone of his voice did not make you any less nervous. You shaked your head and conntinued to hide behind him. "ey, Yakimo.. I didn't know your daughter started today" Your father looked up and smiled. "Sakumo" he greeted happily. "well she is, Y/N say hi"  You carefully peeked out from behind your father and looked up at the man nervously. "h.. Hi.." it came out like a whisper as you spotted the kid next to him and went back into hiding.

"I see your son is starting too?" sakumo nodded and petted his son's head. "yeah, Kakashi has been talking about it this whole week" he chuckled. "Well if he takes after you, he will be out as a genin soon" Your father's chuckle made you look up at him with a tilted head. "I should get going.. Y/N.. You can take it from here" He softly pushed you in front of him and smiled. "You be nice ok, I pick you up this afternoon" he leaned down and kissed your forhead before he got ready to leave. "dad.. I don't wanna.." you pouted, hoping it would work as usual. "come on, it won't work on me this time kid.. Your mother made it clear" he pushed you inside of the gate abd waved before leaving.

You just stood there, just watching him walk away, as tears threaten to form in your eyes. The grip on the bento from your mom thighten as you carefully started to walk thowards the building, trying to hide yourself as much as you could. There were too many kids for your liking.. You carefully lined up with the others as the sensei's started to call the names. "Y/N L/N" You raised a shaky hand, hearing other kids starting to laugh. "look, she thinks it is a normal call.. What a baka" you heard the boys behind you whispered, before you noticed you were supposed to walk over.

You lowered your head before carefully walking over, looking down at your shoes. All the other kids in the class were taller and looked stronger than you as one by one was named and came over. When everyone was called the sensei started to walk thowards the classroom, having the kids follow. As soon as you got into the classroom you picked the desk in the far back in the classroom, hoping to be left alone. To your displeasure you were not, as the silverhaired kid with the mask and scarf sat down next to you.

The classes was ok enough, no one talked to you and the sensei didn't choose you for any answers, which made you calm down. As the bell rang, letting everyone know it was lunch. "ok, All students will have the lunch outside today, since the rest of the day will be spent outside" the sensei annouced as everyone ran out of the classroom.. You however carefully walked out, making sure you were last. You walked out too the playground and looked around. Too many kids over by the swing, and too many over at the field.. You conntinued to scan the eria before you noticed no one by the trees.

You held the Bento close to your chest as you ran over, hiding behind one of the bushes and sat down to eat the food your mother had made you. You smiled happily as you enjoyed the bites in peace. "Hey, guys I found her! The crybaby is here" A chuckle was heard behind you as the boys that was whispering about you before walked up. "You are really making this easy" The biggest of them kicked the bento away from you, making the food spill all over. Your throat thighten as you looked at the food you had wanted to enjoy in peace.

"she is gonna cry again!" The other kid laughed as he grabbed a fistful of your hair, making you yelp in pain. "p.. Please... Don't" tears started to leave your eyes as you sobbed and tried to make the boy let go of your hair. "look, how weak! Why is she even here" The kid laughed and started to drag you into the woods by your hair, making you cry out. "Does the baby want her daddy?" The biggest mocked as he made cryfaces, mocking you. "it.. Hurts"

"Lets tie her up there!" The biggest one laughed and pointed at the tall tree. "you brought the rope didn't you?" the other kid nodded and threw it over and let go of the hair. You tried to hurry away, but as the kid noticed he stomped on your back, making you hit the ground with a loud thump. "Lay still, baka" he punched you in the back of your head as hard as he could. You cried out again as you curled up trying to protect yourself.

"hey, what are you three doing!?" Another voice came throught as you heard the steps coming closer. "None of your buisness Bakashi!" The kid that had been the most silent screamed out as the other two started to hold you down and tie you up. "why don't you bother someone that is as big as you are?" Kakashi glared at them, not liking bullies at all. "aww, come to help your girlfriend Bakashi?" The boy mocked.

You had your eyes closed, scared that this kid would join in too. You heard the footsteps come closer, before some wierd sounds were heard. "You gonna regret this!" one of the boys yelled before fotsteps sounded like they ran away. "Are you ok?" The rope around you loosen. You carefully looked up, seeing Kakashi untie it. "t.. Thank.. You" He closed his eyes, looking like he was smiling. "I always take care of my friends" he said happily, making you blush lightly and dry your tears. "they won't bother you anymore"

You sat up carefully and tried to stop crying.. But the tears were not stopping. "Come, I share my food with you. You don't need to talk, i know you are shy" he chuckled and helped you up before dusting the dust off your dress. "there.. It helped a bit..i think" he tilted his head, studying your dress. Kakashi knew he couldn't make it to look like it did before, but it didn't look as bad as it did just a few minutes ago. "I am Kakashi, our dads work togheter" he held out his hand, still seem to be smiling. You looked at his hand for a bit before carefully taking his hand. "Y/N.." you said carefully. "Nice, now we are friends. Come, lets eat" he Took you hand and dragged you after him. Little did you know this was the start of a long friendship that you didn't know you needed.