Chapter 6

I make it to the Cable Car Station and see no one. I see red paint everywhere and I wipe my finger across it.

"It's fresh." I mutter and wipe the paint off.

I head over to the door and hear footsteps. I quickly jump up and grab onto the railing and pull myself up onto the roof. I lay flat on my stomach and see Emily and Matt approaching. I sigh in relief and jump down in front of them. They both flinch and I duck avoiding Matt's fist.

"Calm down." I say while wiping snow off me.

"What were you doing up there? Did you do this to the station?" Emily asks rudely.

"I just got here and heard you guys. My first instinct was to hide. No, I didn't do this." I say gesturing to the paint.

Matt notices me still wearing his jacket and he smiles fondly.

"Have you guys seen Chris and Ash?" I ask hopefully.

"Yeah, they said something about a psycho killing Josh." Matt explains.

"That's what the screaming was. I was there too but I got locked in a room." I say thinking back to how nice Josh was.

"Anyways come on." Matt says and we walk over to the door.

We find an axe lodged in the door.

"Look, an axe... I feel better with an axe." Matt mutters.

Matt takes the axe from the door, and Emily tries to open the door.

"Oh what now? This is locked, Matt! Well break the door down will ya?" Emily asks impatiently.

"Whoa, wait a second. We start smashing shit down he's gonna hear us." Matt says worriedly.

"That's true we need to be quiet." I say while looking around.

"You got any better suggestions?" Emily asks with a glare.

"I dunno. What about... look!" Matt exclaims and points to a small window.

"What?" Emily asks.

"A window." Matt says and we inspect it.

"That's great Matt, I can just about fit my lip balm through that little slot." Emily says in disbelief.

"No come on." Matt says seriously.

"That could work." I say thoughtfully and Matt smiles.

"You will never fit through there, big guy." Emily says jokingly.

"I won't fit, but you will." Matt says turning to Emily.

"Are you nuts? You're gonna shove my ass through that little hole?" Emily asks shocked.

Matt and Emily argue and I try and pull myself in the window.

"Curse my short body." I mutter.

I look over at Matt.

"Hey boost me up." I say to Matt and Emily looks surprised.

"You're gonna go in there?" She asks in disgust.

"Yep." I say and take Matt's jacket off.

He puts it on and then grabs my waist and lifts me up. I go into the window and see spiders and dust.

"Dude there are some huge spiders in here." I say chuckling.

"Just hurry up!" Emily exclaims.

I climb through the rest of the window and land on the ground. I look around and see the place trashed. I go over to the door and open it to see Matt standing there with a slight blush.