Chapter Thirteen: Matthew Fraizer

"I thought the thing about lesbians jumping into relationships was a stereotype,"

"It's not a relationship!"

"But you just said-"

"I said I agreed to go on a date, doesn't mean we're dating,"

Mei-Song gave her a look that said 'are you serious' all on its own. Almenira rolled her eyes as if she wasn't the one that didn't make sense and twirled her frozen yogurt around its cup.

Spring break was officially on and they celebrated another successful semester with fro-yo.

"Whatever. What will you do if Claudia does come back, though?

"What do you mean?"

"Like what if you actually want to start dating Michelle then Claudia pops back up?"

Almenira thought for a moment, "I don't want to date Michelle."

Mei Song raised a skeptical eyebrow.

"I mean...what is there to do? I'm self aware enough to know that holding out for her is not healthy." Almenira continued, only half convinced of the words that just came out her mouth.

Her friend hummed in agreement, shoveling a spoonful of strawberry cheesecake topped vanilla yogurt into her mouth. Wanting to stall further discussion on the topic, Almenira did the same.

"So I've been meaning to say," Thankfully, Mei-Song dropped her thought provoking point and now looked at Almenira apprehensively. When she didn't continue her sentence, Almenira raised her brows.

"Thaaaaat...I'm gonna go be out of town for spring break." She threw the rest of her words out quickly like she was ripping off Almenira's emotional band aid.

But instead of the pout and complaints she expected, Almenira simply replied with "okay."

"That's it?" The girl gaped, sounding almost incredulous.

"Yeah...oh, where are you going?" Almenira continued on nonchalantly, chewing her brownie bits unbothered.

"I'm going with my brother to a festival in Florida but I thought you'd be more..."

"Panicked?"

"Well,"

As if a shared thought bubble appeared between the both of them, they remembered Almenira's previous whiny reactions when Mei-Song had to leave her to fend for herself.

Child like whines of "Why are you doing this to me?" and "you're going to hell for this" would harass Mei-Song until she had made a safe return.

"I can see why you would think that but I am a changed woman!"

"Girl, please. I'm more concerned about leaving you on your own."

"And see, that's precisely why I'm not throwing a fit right now. I won't be alone."

Both of their yogurts were finished by now and they both leaned back in uncomfortably hard chairs across from each other. Random people passed their table every once in a while to order, one of which was a cute boy with rugged hair and a sleeve of tattoos that Mei-Song threw a flirty smile at as he walked by.

"I'm slipping Michelle a note about you and your codependent emotional attachment issues then we'll see."

"Ha ha. I'm sure a couple psych majors will drop out over break, you looking for a spot?"

"Haha." her friend mockingly retaliated before she lunged forward suddenly at Almenira. She yelped out of instinct and tensed but the other girl just collected her empty cup before laughing, "made you flinch."

This Lawless Love [wlw]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें