6

All of the camp attendees were still sprawled out on the grass, waiting for further instruction. "For our activity, I want you to group up by positions," She read off all of the positions and which location they should go to. Oikawa, of course, was placed with all of the setters. 

 Kageyama shied away after a second of brief eye contact. The silver-haired boy (whom Oikawa really needed to learn the name of) stood next to him, whispering some words in his ear. They both giggled and looked at the rest of the group.  

They were instructed to get to know each other. "I guess I'll start," a boy with black hair sighed. "My name is Keiji Akashi, and I'm the setter of the Fukurodani team," he said. Oikawa finally had a name for the familiar face. The only high school setter that had beaten his team. 

"I'm Kozume Kenma," the pudding-haired boy said softly. He paused for a second to look up at everyone, making sure that they heard him. "I play for Nekoma," 

Oikawa smiled at him, knowing that it took a lot of courage to give his introduction. Even if it was only a few words. Kuroo would have been very proud of him if he was standing there and not with his own group. 

"I'm Shibaru Kenjirou," another boy spoke up. His hair was styled in a very...interesting way. The bangs in front of his face were very spread out and block-like. His head shape was also much closer to an oval than the average size. "And I set for Shiratorizawa!" he said, excitedly. 

The silver-haired boy cleared his throat. "I'm Koushi Sugawara, and I'm the setter and vice-captain of the Karasuno team," he said, pointing at himself. "This is Tobio Kageyama, and he isn't in the best of moods right now," he smiled. 

'Sugawara, huh?' Oikawa thought to himself. He realized that he was the only one who hadn't introduced themselves yet. "Uhm, right, it's my turn, so-" 

He was cut off by a certain milk-loving boy. "We all know who you are. You don't need to remind us, you prick," he insulted. Oikawa flinched a bit and scooted back from the circle of boys on the grass. He frowned as they began conversations about volleyball and gossip. 

The six of them chatted for about two hours before everyone was free to do whatever they wanted on campus until dinner. They received a quick informational speech about the rules of the Nekoma grounds before letting them do as they pleased. 

Kenma took a few steps toward Oikawa, without Kuroo's help, and asked him if he'd like a tour of the school. The boy had nothing better to do. So he nodded and followed the smaller setter away from the picnic area. 

"This is where we usually eat lunch," he said, pointing to a nice outdoor area next to what Oikawa assumed was the cafeteria. They walked into the hallways, which were outdoors. He stopped next to a door. "This room is actually pretty cool. It's a giant closet with all of the equipment and class supplies in it," he said, opening the door. "One time, Kuroo and I fu-actually, I'm not going to tell you about that," he mumbled, awkwardly leading them out of the room. 

Oikawa chuckled. Kenma walked them around the school, showing off his classrooms and his favorite hallway routes to avoid people. At some point, he grabbed the taller boy's pinky as a way to lead him around campus. Oikawa wondered if he did that around everyone. 

They got back to the picnic area in time for dinner. Oikawa sat with his new friends, Kenma and Kuroo, while they ate. Kenma decided to go to bed early and get away from everyone, so he headed out sooner. The brown-haired boy told Kuroo all about the little tour that Kenma gave him. Kuroo couldn't control his hyena laugh when he asked him about the closet situation. 

And it turns out, you had to be a great friend of Kenma's to be held by the pinky. 

A/N: this chapter seems to be getting a lot of attention because of Kuroken! if you enjoyed this chapter, I just started a short story about them (takes place in this universe) that takes place when the school year is over. Check it out on my profile!