8

It was finally the end of the training camp. Oikawa was glad that it was over, after days of non-stop work, the team would be getting two days of rest. The coach called these 'study days', which were two days every few weeks where the team would have to stay after school and catch up on any work that they missed during matches. They were only a physical rest. 

Before the bus would leave, all of the teams had to line up in the parking lot and shake hands with each other. Oikawa lined up, prepared to shake hands with a million people he didn't know. There was no better way to start this than having to compliment the Karasuno team first. 

Daichi and Oikawa didn't actually hate each other. Sure, there was a bit of sports rivalry, but they got along outside of volleyball. The two captains proudly shook each other's hands. 

The next in the line was Sugawara. He had two duffel bags, one on each side of his body, and Oikawa assumed he was holding stuff for his team. The brown-haired boy frowned when he remembered the conversation from that morning. 

An unfamiliar feeling erupted in Oikawa's chest when Sugawara grinned. His eyes squinted into a crescent shape and his perfectly white teeth were on full display. The hand he stuck out in front of him was partially covered by his bright pink Karasuno sweatshirt. 'He must have made it himself,' Oikawa thought. 'The stitching doesn't look like a machine did it and I've never seen anyone else with one in this color. It's cute,'   he blushed after realizing that Sugawara's hand was still out to shake.  

He grabbed it carefully, not wanting to use too much force. The first thing that the captain noticed was how soft Sugawara's hands are. He wished he could touch them for longer, but he had the rest of the team to shake hands with. 

They had finally done this with all of the teams about ten minutes later. The only thing Oikawa could think about on the way home was the helpful silver-haired boy.