Epilogue

"Are you ready?" Oikawa said, peeking into the bathroom to see if his boyfriend was ready. Yes, you heard me right, Sugawara was Oikawa's boyfriend. They made it official three years before they were invited back to Karasuno for a reunion party.  

The team took the news of their relationship quite well. There were a few sarcastic comments, insulting Sugawara's taste in romantic partners and his choice to actually date the person the team was supposed to hate. Daichi took a bit to process the fact that his ex was with his "enemy", but he came around eventually. 

The brunette fumbled with the ring in his pocket, knowing that a proposal was the plan for tonight. He had asked everyone beforehand to make sure it wouldn't ruin the party. They all accepted his idea and were happy for him. 

Sugawara finally came back out, grabbed his jacket, and they walked to their car. The drive was comfortably silent. The rest of the team seemed to already be there, some of them with partners. 

Asahi and Nishinoya were chatting among the guests, their wedding rings on full display. They got married two years before. Daichi stood there with a girl who looked familiar to Sugawara. If he could remember correctly, she was the captain of the girl's volleyball team. It was surprising to say the least, but he looked happy. Tsukishima and Yamaguchi were also standing there while the green-haired boy held onto the blond's hand for dear life. He looked miserably nervous. 

Hinata and Kageyama were also there, bickering over something. They still chased each other around like little kids who fought over trivial things. Kageyama stopped mid-insult when he noticed Sugawara walk in. He ran over, giving the boy a nice hug. 

They would talk about once a week for a while, still keeping in touch despite their different schedules. Kageyama always had a soft spot for Sugawara, and vice versa. 

Someone turned the lights off. Everyone except the silver-haired boy and Oikawa pulled their phones out, giving a small amount of light. They turned towards the Seijoh Setter and gave him one hundred percent of their attention. 

"Koushi, it sounds cliche, but I knew that there was something special about you when I first met you at training camp. Even though I met a few of my best friends there, like Kuroo and Kenma, you were the one I remembered the most. The time I spent getting to know you was worth every second. I still remember our first kiss like it was yesterday. I was introduced to a whole part of life that I didn't even know existed," 

Sugawara had tears in his eyes as Oikawa got down on one knee. He pulled out a square box and opened it. 

"I love you, Sugawara Koushi, and I want to love you for the rest of my life. Do you want to be mine forever?" 

He obviously said yes.